Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sweet-T
Helper III
Helper III

Error "No Gateway" whenever queries are built with 2 sources

Hi, 

Having an issue that whenver I merge data in Query Editor from 2 sources (Salesforce & local Datawarehouse, or Sharepoint & local Datawarehouse) I am unable to refresh in Service, and consequently Schedule Refresh. I have no problems refreshing the data within desktop. 

My only fix right now is:

I have to go to View > Query Dependencies and isolate the queries that are built using 2 sources, and rebuild their relationships in the DAX environment.

I read that this may be an issue with sources requiring OAuth2 credentials, can anyone verify? I'm not using the On-Premises Data Gateway, but rather one configured by IT. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there, what happens when you expand the Gateway connection?

It should show you which gateways there are, and if the data sources have not been configured it should have the details there on what they need to be.

Also ensure that the setting is set below for the Gateway

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Could you confirm what the privacy settings are set to?

I would suggest turning them off.

And then also ensuring that the privacy settings for the data sources on the Gateway are set to none?

Also ensure that the data sources in the Gateway match what you have in your Power BI Desktop file. You can view them by clicking on Edit Queries, then Data Sources

Power BI Blog

Hey, thanks for the response Gilbert -

I found the thread where I noticed someone mentioned OAuth2 settings are not compatible with the On-Premises Gateway; granted this was back in 2016

Privacy settings are set to "Always ignore". I do not believe we have any privacy restrictions in the Gateway, I've reached out to my coworker who manages it. Data sources in the Gateway should match what I have in PBI Desktop - I've aligned them several times to make sure.
Side Note: when I have this issue of "No Gateway", I am unable to see Data Sources to confirm settings - the option is greyed out:

Data Sources.PNG

Hi there, what happens when you expand the Gateway connection?

It should show you which gateways there are, and if the data sources have not been configured it should have the details there on what they need to be.

Also ensure that the setting is set below for the Gateway

image.png

Power BI Blog

Finally heard back from my network manager, this was it!

Thank you. 

Awesome! Glad you got it working.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors