cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tsanka Member

Error "Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later."

Often when opening reports published to web (embed code) some of the visuals are displayed with an error "Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.". The same report opens fine in the service.

Does anybody experience the same and do you have an idea is this an issue of the service or of the report?

Thanks

Tsanka

14 REPLIES 14
larabraghetti Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Error "Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later."

Hi,

we have the same issue on reports that usually works fine.

Please, could you fix the issue?
Thanx
Lara

maximus8557 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Same goes here. Most of the visualizations display error Can't Display the Visual.

Wat the hell is going wrong these 2 weeks PowerBI team? I have got a training session with a whole bunch of my client users tomorrow morning. 

Please fix this ASAP.

Thanks.

Tsanka Member

@larabraghetti, @maximus8557,

Have you registered a case? If not, I will do it and we shall wait for MS response.

majdkaid22 Member

@Tsanka @maximus8557 @larabraghetti 

same going on here in Dubai. I had to delete the whole dataset and all associated reports/Dashboard thinking it was some sort of glitch and still when I published new Report, I got the same error you guys getting

majdkaid22 Member

@maximus8557 @Tsanka @larabraghetti

the visualizations worked for me when I used Chrome. please give it a try guys

Tsanka Member

Thanks, @majdkaid22, but I believe you have been lucky for a moment.

I am constantly checking it and up to now the functionality is extremely unstable. Things might look well now (on Chrome/IE) and not in a couple of hours.

I know that the embed code functionality is in a preview stage, however I am really getting tired of all this ...

Tsanka Member

I have registered a support ticket #116022293593399. Hope somebody from the support team to look at it.

Highlighted
spiderrob Member

The last 2 weeks have been a bit of a nightmare - It's great to see new updates but not at the expense of the rest of the service. I get very nervous prior to any demos that it's not going to work as expected.

The reports issue from this morning as mentioned in other threads are slowly being resolved, but the warning triangles as in this thread are back.

I've also noticed the response to any support calls in my O365 instance have also slowed right down...

Tsanka Member

The response from the Microsoft support engineer that took over the reported issue from yesterday:

"Microsoft investigated an issue that affected the Power BI service.  The issue is consistent with the symptoms you have observed.  There is currently a service announcement on the Office Admin centre and on the power BI web site.  For a direct link to the Office Portal announcement : https://portal.office.com/admin/default.aspx#@/ServiceStatus/ServiceStatusDetails.aspx?ids=PB43248&t...

For the power BI announcement, use https://powerbi.microsoft.com/support, although this is a short version and only reports the current state.

The issue has now been resolved"

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 172 members 1,766 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: