Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tsanka
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Error "Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later."

Often when opening reports published to web (embed code) some of the visuals are displayed with an error "Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.". The same report opens fine in the service.

Does anybody experience the same and do you have an idea is this an issue of the service or of the report?

Thanks

Tsanka

14 REPLIES 14

It appears to be related to Row Securty for me  (regardless of who is assigned row security) 

As soon as I create a RLS role no-one can access their dashboards

I had remove RLS (only testing with RLS so no big deal for me at the mo) and un-share and re-share my dashboards for it to start working again

Hello wynhopkins,

thank you for your answer. I didn't use RLS at all but I will look into this.

Regards Michael

I just found out, that I can export the data to Excel when I click "Export" on the visual. How does this correlate with the error message "Couldn't load the data for this visual"?

I assume there may be some problems with the Azure ML integration. But this is only an idea.

Are you supplying a username and role when you generate your app tokens? If not, you wont have any access to data because of the RLS rules.

Michael
Regular Visitor

Any news on this? I've a R-Script Visual which works perfectly in PowerBI Desktop. However when published to PBI Service I'm getting

"Couldn't load the data for this visual"

Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.

Activity ID ab064f46-1003-4fcd-a7c7-2a6b03c3fc52
    Time Thu Apr 14 2016 09:18:44 GMT+0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)
    Version 13.0.1100.319

I've tried to set the different URL options like scriptVisualEnabled=true or sandboxVisualEnabled/Disabled but with no success. In the community I found a sample including a screenshot showing this visuals in the services. Link
I've also tried different accounts also with no success.

Is there any help on this available?

Regards Michael
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same goes here. Most of the visualizations display error Can't Display the Visual.

Wat the hell is going wrong these 2 weeks PowerBI team? I have got a training session with a whole bunch of my client users tomorrow morning. 

Please fix this ASAP.

Thanks.

larabraghetti
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

we have the same issue on reports that usually works fine.

Please, could you fix the issue?
Thanx
Lara

@larabraghetti, @Anonymous,

Have you registered a case? If not, I will do it and we shall wait for MS response.

@Tsanka @Anonymous @larabraghetti 

same going on here in Dubai. I had to delete the whole dataset and all associated reports/Dashboard thinking it was some sort of glitch and still when I published new Report, I got the same error you guys getting

@Anonymous @Tsanka @larabraghetti

the visualizations worked for me when I used Chrome. please give it a try guys

Thanks, @majdkaid22, but I believe you have been lucky for a moment.

I am constantly checking it and up to now the functionality is extremely unstable. Things might look well now (on Chrome/IE) and not in a couple of hours.

I know that the embed code functionality is in a preview stage, however I am really getting tired of all this ...

I have registered a support ticket #116022293593399. Hope somebody from the support team to look at it.

The last 2 weeks have been a bit of a nightmare - It's great to see new updates but not at the expense of the rest of the service. I get very nervous prior to any demos that it's not going to work as expected.

The reports issue from this morning as mentioned in other threads are slowly being resolved, but the warning triangles as in this thread are back.

I've also noticed the response to any support calls in my O365 instance have also slowed right down...

The response from the Microsoft support engineer that took over the reported issue from yesterday:

"Microsoft investigated an issue that affected the Power BI service.  The issue is consistent with the symptoms you have observed.  There is currently a service announcement on the Office Admin centre and on the power BI web site.  For a direct link to the Office Portal announcement : https://portal.office.com/admin/default.aspx#@/ServiceStatus/ServiceStatusDetails.aspx?ids=PB43248&t...

For the power BI announcement, use https://powerbi.microsoft.com/support, although this is a short version and only reports the current state.

The issue has now been resolved"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors