Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dpombal
Post Patron
Post Patron

Error on refresh dataset with Google Big Query - large table

Hi all,

I am trying to refresh a report in powerbi service with data from Google Big query, in desktop it takes 30-40 minutes.

When moving to service , below error appears.

This table contains 47 million rows.

ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverOAuthSupport]
(8701) Error interacting with REST API: Couldn't connect to server ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverOAuthSupport]
(8701) Error interacting with REST API: Couldn't connect to server Table: TABLENAME.
URI de clúster: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net

I have entered correctly user credentials on Manage credentials...any idea, or limit?

Regards

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dpombal @Anonymous @jm_n  @v-xuding-msft 

interesting topic... Im facing related issues. Locally, I am developing a PBI model using Simba ODBC to connect to BigQuery. Query folding on the navigation steps seems alsoto work (option on right click not grayed out). When then setting up (date/time) parameters for a incremental refresh on my multimillion rows fact table, it starts import first 1000 rows (at least Power BI says so). However, "1000 rows imported" is the maximum it gets. Seems like the filter parameter is not being folded to BigQuery... Fortunately, I can cancel it. Unfortunately, it even solidifies my theory that there is no query folding and communication between PowerBI and BigQuery happening...

Do you guys have any suggestions? Am I missing a step? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Eli

jm_n
Frequent Visitor

I am struggling with the same error type. Did you find out what the problem was? I have had both Google and MS looking at this without any luck...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jm_n 

Did you get any further on this?

Best,

Ali A

@Anonymous I still struggle with these errors. What seems to help though is to not use views that require a lot of processing but rather materialize them to tables in BQ and run the report on tables.

Let me know if you find any other solutions to this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jm_n 

Ok.

We have tested with using Simba ODBC driver and a Gateway and that seems to give us more stable performance. What is also worth mentioning is that this gives the opportunity to also write direct SQL queries with joins, renaming etc. directly back to the db (native query).

Best,

Ali A

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dpombal ,

By my research, I'm afraid that I have no ideas for your issue as I cannot reproduce it.

You could create a support ticket in Power BI Support to get the quick answer. (If you have power bi pro license.)

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors