Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

santpras0
Frequent Visitor

Error on Service when using Paginated reports

I have connected paginated report in Power BI desktop and published in a premium workspace. I am getting error "Your session has expired Please refresh your browser to continue interacting with your Report."  on service for every 5 minutes and I have to relogin to access the page which is very inconvenient. I have set the dataset timeout to "30000" in paginated reports. Let me know if anyone has experienced this or solved this. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @santpras0 ,

It sounds like you are experiencing a session timeout issue when accessing your paginated report in Power BI. There are a few potential causes for this issue, and I'll outline some steps you can take to try to resolve it.

• Check the "Keep me signed in" option when signing in to Power BI. This will allow you to remain signed in for a longer period of time.
  • Check the timeout settings for your Power BI workspace. There is a workspace-level timeout setting that can be modified by the workspace administrator. To do this, go to the workspace settings and look for the "Session timeout" setting. By default, this is set to 2 hours. You can try increasing this timeout to see if it resolves the issue.
  • Check the timeout settings for your dataset. As you mentioned, you have already set the dataset timeout to 30,000 seconds (8 hours). This should be sufficient to prevent timeouts when accessing the report, but it's possible that there is another timeout setting that is taking precedence.
  • Check for any browser-level timeout settings that may be causing the issue. Some browsers have settings that can automatically log you out after a certain period of inactivity. You may need to adjust these settings in your browser to allow for longer periods of inactivity.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
drkusnadi
Regular Visitor

the solution doesn't seems to fix it...

there is no setting in the workspace that's dealing with session timout.

when the report is open, and user leave it for a few minutes (possible 5 min), when they get back, they have to refresh the browser and rerun the report. does anyone else have the same problem?

drkusnadi_0-1694475720241.png

any update on this issue, i have several users complaning about the same issue

santpras0
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Henry! I will try these and let you know. Thanks

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @santpras0 ,

It sounds like you are experiencing a session timeout issue when accessing your paginated report in Power BI. There are a few potential causes for this issue, and I'll outline some steps you can take to try to resolve it.

• Check the "Keep me signed in" option when signing in to Power BI. This will allow you to remain signed in for a longer period of time.
  • Check the timeout settings for your Power BI workspace. There is a workspace-level timeout setting that can be modified by the workspace administrator. To do this, go to the workspace settings and look for the "Session timeout" setting. By default, this is set to 2 hours. You can try increasing this timeout to see if it resolves the issue.
  • Check the timeout settings for your dataset. As you mentioned, you have already set the dataset timeout to 30,000 seconds (8 hours). This should be sufficient to prevent timeouts when accessing the report, but it's possible that there is another timeout setting that is taking precedence.
  • Check for any browser-level timeout settings that may be causing the issue. Some browsers have settings that can automatically log you out after a certain period of inactivity. You may need to adjust these settings in your browser to allow for longer periods of inactivity.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors