Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error msg on refresh on service but not on desktop

HI . I have a problem with a report that was created some time ago by somebody else.

Here is the premise:

Other reports who does not use wiews are refreshed fine.

We migrate some  data from SQL server to a new one  and we had a new gateway installed on the new server.

The data for the report is in SQL MS server as views and tables but the underline data is comming from Oracle.

The tables are created using SQL jobs from Oracle linked server and some views are coming from oracle linked server using OPENQUERY.

When the report is refreshed from Power BI desktop there is no problem but when published and  refreshed on the service  I have this error,

then below are the linked server options

Thank youerror.PNGsql options.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

It would appear that the Gateway cannot connect to the instance with the OLE DB Provider driver on the gateway. I would make sure to have it installed on the gateway server.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi . I figure out at the end. The problem is that on the new SQL server under Linked Servers - Providers , under OraOLEDB.Oracle the Allow inprocess was not checked- see pics

Hope will help others with this issue

Tkanks all

PS. Make sure to restart the database services to see the change.

Oledb.PNGinprocc.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi . I figure out at the end. The problem is that on the new SQL server under Linked Servers - Providers , under OraOLEDB.Oracle the Allow inprocess was not checked- see pics

Hope will help others with this issue

Tkanks all

PS. Make sure to restart the database services to see the change.

Oledb.PNGinprocc.PNG

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

On the server(s) that houses the gateway inside your system you need to have the ODBC/OLE drivers installed.  I have seen this error when the drivers and setup is fine on your computer (where you are running desktop) but not on the servers housing the gateway software.

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

It would appear that the Gateway cannot connect to the instance with the OLE DB Provider driver on the gateway. I would make sure to have it installed on the gateway server.

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors