Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Error message on refresh- An unexpected error occurred (file 'tmdatasourceregistry.cpp'

Has anyone seen this error before? It happens on datasource refresh. The datasource is TIBCO data virtualization, which uses an ODBC connection.

Processing error: An unexpected error occurred (file 'tmdatasourceregistry.cpp', line 847, function 'TMDataSourceRegistry::ApplyDeferredStaticAnalysis').
Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: e1052a09-4ae1-42ef-a6a0-364cae1b1807
Request ID: cd235687-3c21-f61b-15ce-29469adede99
Time: 2021-06-22 19:25:36Z

EDIT: For us the issue has been resolved (6/29/2021). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hello ,

this is a known issue for which there is a Fix expediately rolling out across production instances of Power BI , with an ETA of 06/29 EOD for reaching saturation , there has been CSS (customer service support awarness shared to our support teams to better assist any Customers reaching out ) and also we are continuing to post proactively Tenant level (Customer level) communications for the impacted tenants we have been identifying , and basing on the IDs of error  you shared , we see that Comms were posted to your Tenant admins already with regard to this issue.  Please let us know .

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
Ajungx
Frequent Visitor

Ajungx_0-1624589938037.png

I have the same error here since yesterday. All reports with python scripts cannot be refreshed on the portal page. Operational activities have been disrupted. Hopefully Microsoft will fix it soon.

Have got the same issue. Using Python Scripts in PowerBI. Hope they fix it soon. I have many reports that could be affected.

andreasanchezs
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am having this same error. The only two datasets that are showing this error have Python scripts. The file updates just fine in my computer but it shows this error if I try to refresh in the portal. It is worth noting that these files had been refreshing just fine before. There was no changes to the files when this error started showing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Affecting our production reports that use Python, as well. Probably on the magnitude of 35-45 reports in total. Nothing so far has worked, as it seems like it's an architecture issue in Service. Same error message:

"An unexpected error occurred (file 'tmdatasourceregistry.cpp', line 847, function 'TMDataSourceRegistry::ApplyDeferredStaticAnalysis')."

What we've tried:

--Upgrading the personal gateway to version 3000.86.4 (2021-06-18)

--Uninstalling, restarting, and clean installation of personal gateway to version 3000.86.4 (2021-06-18)

--Repairing the current Power BI Desktop installation Version: 2.93.981.0 64-bit (May 2021)

--Uninstalling, restarting, and clean installation of Power BI Desktop Version: 2.93.981.0 64-bit (May 2021)

--Switching to a different personal gateway on another box version 3000.77.7 (2021-03-23)

--Using a personal workspace

*Edit*

--Pulling down each report, refreshing the Power Query preview for each table, doing a full desktop refresh, and re-publishing to service

--Pulling down each report, changing the Python query slightly, refreshing the Power Query preview for each table, doing a full desktop refresh, and re-publishing to service

*End Edit*

We've also tried a number of combinations of the above. This seems to be a universal issue, so I'm forwarding this to our Microsoft rep for escalation.

Great summary of what you've tried! Saves us some time trying to do the same!

But who did you contact? I also would like to share my error messages and would also like to be kept in the loop.

This is the message I am getting:

Last refresh failed: Mon Jun 28 2021 08:55:07 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Hide details
Processing error:An unexpected error occurred (file 'tmdatasourceregistry.cpp', line 847, function 'TMDataSourceRegistry::ApplyDeferredStaticAnalysis').
Cluster URI:WABI-WEST-EUROPE-D-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:089277b8-68c6-43d2-af4e-903b5b434d1c
Request ID:7cf8de67-cee0-29ec-14b9-a210beb18414
Time:2021-06-28 06:55:07Z
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I originally saw the error message last Tuesday morning, I couldn't find that error literally anywhere on the internet. I searched for the specific phrase "tmdatasourceregistry.cpp" and didn't find anything, so I originally thought our error was internal. After troubleshooting all day Tuesday, I searched again on Wednesday and noticed that others were having the error. That's when I figured that it was a more widespread issue.

We have an internal product team in our company that manages the Power BI platform. After we figured that the issue was external to us (on Weds), we followed up with our product team and they submitted a critical case with Microsoft. Microsoft then reached out to us within 30 minutes or so and we spent a number of hours taking them through the error, trying different things, and submitting our logs/error messages for them to troubleshoot. We got a close out email yesterday for our critical case ticket mentioning that the fix was deployed.

Ah, I am with a team of 3 in a company of 25. It explains the difference in direct lines with Microsoft. 

For us, the issue seems to be solved as of this morning.

I have had no more issues refreshing the datasets since yesterday morning. We have set the datasets back on auto refresh with no issues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors