Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Error message on refresh- An unexpected error occurred (file 'tmdatasourceregistry.cpp'

Has anyone seen this error before? It happens on datasource refresh. The datasource is TIBCO data virtualization, which uses an ODBC connection.

Processing error: An unexpected error occurred (file 'tmdatasourceregistry.cpp', line 847, function 'TMDataSourceRegistry::ApplyDeferredStaticAnalysis').
Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: e1052a09-4ae1-42ef-a6a0-364cae1b1807
Request ID: cd235687-3c21-f61b-15ce-29469adede99
Time: 2021-06-22 19:25:36Z

EDIT: For us the issue has been resolved (6/29/2021). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hello ,

this is a known issue for which there is a Fix expediately rolling out across production instances of Power BI , with an ETA of 06/29 EOD for reaching saturation , there has been CSS (customer service support awarness shared to our support teams to better assist any Customers reaching out ) and also we are continuing to post proactively Tenant level (Customer level) communications for the impacted tenants we have been identifying , and basing on the IDs of error  you shared , we see that Comms were posted to your Tenant admins already with regard to this issue.  Please let us know .

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all ,

Glad to hear that the problem has been solved.

This fix is completely deployed in all regions.

If there are any new questions in the follow-up, please feel free to raise them  and we will continue to follow up. Thanks for your support.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

We are glad that this has been resolved. My (and my clients') follow up question is this: what caused the issue and what has been done to ensure that it does not happen again? There has been some loss of confidence in the Power BI service.

Hi,  @djurecicK2 

Sorry for the bad experience this time.This fix is completely deployed in all regions. It will not happen again.
Due to the nature of the forum, our response may not be timely. If you encounter an urgent problem next time, it is recommended to open a support ticket. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. No issues so far.

Same here. No issues since I restarted schedules yesterday.

The issue seems to have been addressed. No more problems here.

mgalkg

Unfortunately we are also affected but will test again tomorrow after the fix has been rolled out. Nice to see that a solution is being worked on quickly!

All good now, thank you!

julipit19

Im facing this issue also this afternoon

julipit19_0-1624988499546.png

julipit19

Hello, 

Any new about ti this issue? Do you know if we neeed to update PBI in teams or Desktope to solve this issue when it will be fixed?

Thanks!

CMillheisler
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same issue. We use a certified 3rd Party Connector (BI Connector) that seems be be affected by this as well. 

hello ,

this is a known issue for which there is a Fix expediately rolling out across production instances of Power BI , with an ETA of 06/29 EOD for reaching saturation , there has been CSS (customer service support awarness shared to our support teams to better assist any Customers reaching out ) and also we are continuing to post proactively Tenant level (Customer level) communications for the impacted tenants we have been identifying , and basing on the IDs of error  you shared , we see that Comms were posted to your Tenant admins already with regard to this issue.  Please let us know .

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hoping the error I'm now getting, replacing the tmdatasourceregistry.cpp error I was getting last week, on the same python script, is just an interim error while the fix propagates across all instances. Any guidance otherwise would be appreciated! I've tried deleting & re-publishing to the service and re-editing the credentials.

Needless to say the script works without error in Desktop and worked fine in the service before this issue arose. Thanks, Henry.

Last refresh failed: Mon Jun 28 2021 16:04:12 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Unable to connect to the data source undefined.Hide details
Underlying error code: -2147467259
Underlying error message: ADO.NET: Python script error. NameError: name 'RunReportResp' is not defined
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind: Python
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath: Python
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ErrorCode: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ExceptionType: Microsoft.PowerBI.Scripting.Python.Exceptions.PythonScriptRuntimeException
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Message: Python script error. NameError: name 'RunReportResp' is not defined
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason: DataSource.Error
Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 12bef926-2acf-44c2-a5ee-ce29a39240cf
Request ID: bd66adf7-a5fb-f955-2c69-ebf206647d69
Time: 2021-06-28 20:04:12Z

Thank you for the update.

diegomartins

I had the same error and fixed it by updating all my data source credentials (cancel them and then aplying the same credential as before).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there,

Any news form Microsoft?
It seems like we have the same issue since 24th of June.

It's little bit painful to refersh 17 reports manually every day...

Regards,

Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable

ETA on fix from our ticket with Microsoft is today (6/28/2021) by 3pm Pacific. I've tested some manual and scheduled refreshes using Python and they seem to be working for now. We're bringing our scheduled refreshes back up for their scheduled times tomorrow morning. Give manual and scheduled refreshes a try with a report or two and see if it works for you just yet.

*Edit*

@djurecicK2 could you please add a snippet to your original post with the ETA and any other pertinent details?

Same issue for me, using a custom connector. Not possible to refresh (29/jun/2021, EST 12:16pm)

Refreshing has been working since this morning for our Python reports. Hopefully this means the fix is complete.

mike_honey
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Same issue here, for reports calling a custom data connector that calls a web service.

More shoddy DevOps from the Power BI team ...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors