Has anyone seen this error before? It happens on datasource refresh. The datasource is TIBCO data virtualization, which uses an ODBC connection.
Processing error: An unexpected error occurred (file 'tmdatasourceregistry.cpp', line 847, function 'TMDataSourceRegistry::ApplyDeferredStaticAnalysis').
Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: e1052a09-4ae1-42ef-a6a0-364cae1b1807
Request ID: cd235687-3c21-f61b-15ce-29469adede99
Time: 2021-06-22 19:25:36Z
EDIT: For us the issue has been resolved (6/29/2021).
Solved! Go to Solution.
this is a known issue for which there is a Fix expediately rolling out across production instances of Power BI , with an ETA of 06/29 EOD for reaching saturation , there has been CSS (customer service support awarness shared to our support teams to better assist any Customers reaching out ) and also we are continuing to post proactively Tenant level (Customer level) communications for the impacted tenants we have been identifying , and basing on the IDs of error you shared , we see that Comms were posted to your Tenant admins already with regard to this issue. Please let us know .
I have the same error here since yesterday. All reports with python scripts cannot be refreshed on the portal page. Operational activities have been disrupted. Hopefully Microsoft will fix it soon.
I am having this same error. The only two datasets that are showing this error have Python scripts. The file updates just fine in my computer but it shows this error if I try to refresh in the portal. It is worth noting that these files had been refreshing just fine before. There was no changes to the files when this error started showing.
Affecting our production reports that use Python, as well. Probably on the magnitude of 35-45 reports in total. Nothing so far has worked, as it seems like it's an architecture issue in Service. Same error message:
"An unexpected error occurred (file 'tmdatasourceregistry.cpp', line 847, function 'TMDataSourceRegistry::ApplyDeferredStaticAnalysis')."
What we've tried:
--Upgrading the personal gateway to version 3000.86.4 (2021-06-18)
--Uninstalling, restarting, and clean installation of personal gateway to version 3000.86.4 (2021-06-18)
--Repairing the current Power BI Desktop installation Version: 2.93.981.0 64-bit (May 2021)
--Uninstalling, restarting, and clean installation of Power BI Desktop Version: 2.93.981.0 64-bit (May 2021)
--Switching to a different personal gateway on another box version 3000.77.7 (2021-03-23)
--Using a personal workspace
--Pulling down each report, refreshing the Power Query preview for each table, doing a full desktop refresh, and re-publishing to service
--Pulling down each report, changing the Python query slightly, refreshing the Power Query preview for each table, doing a full desktop refresh, and re-publishing to service
We've also tried a number of combinations of the above. This seems to be a universal issue, so I'm forwarding this to our Microsoft rep for escalation.
Great summary of what you've tried! Saves us some time trying to do the same!
But who did you contact? I also would like to share my error messages and would also like to be kept in the loop.
This is the message I am getting:
|Processing error:||An unexpected error occurred (file 'tmdatasourceregistry.cpp', line 847, function 'TMDataSourceRegistry::ApplyDeferredStaticAnalysis').|
When I originally saw the error message last Tuesday morning, I couldn't find that error literally anywhere on the internet. I searched for the specific phrase "tmdatasourceregistry.cpp" and didn't find anything, so I originally thought our error was internal. After troubleshooting all day Tuesday, I searched again on Wednesday and noticed that others were having the error. That's when I figured that it was a more widespread issue.
We have an internal product team in our company that manages the Power BI platform. After we figured that the issue was external to us (on Weds), we followed up with our product team and they submitted a critical case with Microsoft. Microsoft then reached out to us within 30 minutes or so and we spent a number of hours taking them through the error, trying different things, and submitting our logs/error messages for them to troubleshoot. We got a close out email yesterday for our critical case ticket mentioning that the fix was deployed.
Ah, I am with a team of 3 in a company of 25. It explains the difference in direct lines with Microsoft.
For us, the issue seems to be solved as of this morning.
I have had no more issues refreshing the datasets since yesterday morning. We have set the datasets back on auto refresh with no issues.
Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates
Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps