Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error message: Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report.

Hi Community, 

I am attempting to use Direct Query to connect to an on prem SQL Server with a very simple SQL statement.

The report looks like this in the Power BI Desktop and uses a table, a text filter and slicer visuals (attached).  The number of rows returned on the SQL query is about 5,000.

I published the report to the Power BI Services (we have Premium workspace) and I'm getting this error (attached).  

Capture 10.PNGCapture 11.PNG

My gateway connection to the SQL Server is good and I have the permissions needed on the database.

Any more thoughts on troubleshooting?

Thank you!

Michelle

3 REPLIES 3
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

If this is a Direct Query sometimes you have to ADD (or sometimes, REMOVE) the port number on the SQL server connection.  Other things to confirm are that the Gateway (or Premium connection strings) and the Power BI Desktop that created the file are up to date.  

If that doesn't fix it, then you should try to run a trace (FIddler for example) and see where the block is happening.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @collinq , let me use your suggestions and see if that works! 😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again,

Just circling back to let you know that I haven't solved this issue, so I'm going to Power BI support.  Will advise what I find for the community!

Michelle

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors