Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rerangel
Helper I
Helper I

Error installing On premise gateway Trust with equipment

Hi, I am a new user in PowerBi. I got PowerBi Pro, And i am installing On Premise Gateway on a 2012 Server Running Sql Server 2008.

Its Install, then ask me for my email, and  ask to begin session.

Then stop with the following error:

-----------------------------------------------------

Error generating an asymmetric key.
La operación solicitada no puede completarse.
(The operation can not be completed.)
Debe establecerse una confianza con el equipo para delegación y la cuenta de usuario actual deberá configurarse para permitir la delegación.
(A trust must be established with the computer for delegation, and the current user account must be configured to allow delegation.)

Server stack trace:
en System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)
en System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
en System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
en System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
en System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
en System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
en System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
en Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.InternalContracts.IGatewayConfigurationService.GenerateAsymmetricKey()
en Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayClient.GatewayConfigurationClient.GenerateAsymmetricKey()ExceptionDetail, probablemente creado por IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, cuyo valor es:
System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: La operación solicitada no puede completarse. Debe establecerse una confianza con el equipo para delegación y la cuenta de usuario actual deberá configurarse para permitir la delegación.

en System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException.ThrowCryptographicException(Int32 hr)
en System.Security.Cryptography.Utils._CreateCSP(CspParameters param, Boolean randomKeyContainer, SafeProvHandle& hProv)
en System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.CreateProvHandle(CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer)
en System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.GetKeyPairHelper(CspAlgorithmType keyType, CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer, Int32 dwKeySize, SafeProvHandle& safeProvHandle, SafeKeyHandle& safeKeyHandle)
en System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider.GetKeyPair()
en System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider..ctor(Int32 dwKeySize, CspParameters parameters, Boolean useDefaultKeySize)
en Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.CommonUtilities.AsymmetricKeyEncryptionHelper.ProduceAsymmetricKey(String containerName)
en Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Common.Diagnostics.PipelineTelemetryService.ExecuteInActivity[T](PipelineActivityType pipelineActivityType, Func`1 action)
en SyncInvokeGenerateAsymmetricKey(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
en System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
en System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
en System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
en System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
en System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a version in Spanish, its put 2 lines in spanish, i translated.

My windows User has all the rights of administrator.

The first time i got 2 error.  

This was the first andn below show tha the service is not running. I restar the service, tray again and get the error tha i already show.

The powerbi desktop, installed in the same server works fine, and publish the  reports in the powerbi service just fine. 

The problem is when a i try to get started with the gateway. I uninstalled and reinstalled the On Premise gateway 3 times and get the same error.

i apreciate the help 

ThanksError 1.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
rerangel
Helper I
Helper I

Well, i said tha i was installing in a Windows 2012 server.

I forgot to add "Domain Controller"

Now i read the requisittes and saw that it can not be installed in a domain controller.

That's the problem...

Thanks any way

View solution in original post

Hi @rerangel,

Thank you for sharing the inforamtion, please accept your reply as solution which will help others to find the solution easily.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rerangel
Helper I
Helper I

Well, i said tha i was installing in a Windows 2012 server.

I forgot to add "Domain Controller"

Now i read the requisittes and saw that it can not be installed in a domain controller.

That's the problem...

Thanks any way

Hi @rerangel,

Thank you for sharing the inforamtion, please accept your reply as solution which will help others to find the solution easily.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors