Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amarsale85
Helper II
Helper II

Error in Power BI report with SSAS live connection

Hi Experts,

I created a Power BI report with Live connection to SSAS Tabular database. 

This report displays column "ActionTitle" which i published it to Power BI service.

Now i changed the column name of "ActionTitle" to "Title" in XMLA script of SSAS model and executed it. Processed it.

This change causes the table visual in same report to fail in Power BI service (as shown below).CustomLabel_Field_Issue.JPG

So the requirement was to customize the column names according to the customer's needs which is why for Customer#1 the same column could be named "ActionTitle" in SSAS DB1, the same column for Customer#2 could be named "Title" in SSAS DB2.

Regards,

Amar

5 REPLIES 5
amarsale85
Helper II
Helper II

I don't want to manually edit it for each customer. It should be dynamic based on some parameter. If i have all these personalizations/customizations stored in the DB is there a way i could add condition for column headers to change according to customer viewing it ?

Hi there

Currently that is not possible to complete. The values that are stored when the data is imported into the dataset is how they remain.

You could look to vote for an idea at https://ideas.powerbi.com

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

If you make a change to the column name, you will have to update the PBIX report with the new column name.

From your example you have 2 different SSAS databases, so there would be 2 different PBIX reports?

Power BI Blog

Its same database for each customer. The requirement is that a customer can change the name of any column/field. If the customer wants to change the name of field "Title" to "ActionTitle" so the report have "Title" will fail as it doesn't exist now after the change. But i know the PBIX file is static and will need to be re-created. Thank you anyways. 

Hi there

If it is in the same database then you could potentially change it in an individual PBIX where you can rename the column once it is put into a visual?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors