Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error in Dashboard Tiles in PBI service

Hi all,

Greetings!! 

These tiles are pinned from an existing Dashboard. currently I am refreshing this dashboard manually due to some Gateway issue. Can anyone please tell when and why this error comes? Do we have to PIN the tiles everytime we publish the dashboard from PBI Desktop to PBI Service. 

img.jpg

Please suggest. Thanks in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, i got this error is due to removal of previous report i guess. I have full read/write permissions. The only reason seems to be report does not exists.

Probably the solution will be to publish the latest report with same name by just replacing the older one. No need to deletye older one first and the publish new. It breaks the tiles' link with reports I believe.

@v-jiascu-msft , Thanks for your help though.!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please mark the proper answer as solution?

Best Regards!
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

You can click the "error(s)" to see details. When we find out what's going on, then we can find a way to solve the issues. 

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That I checked already. It only says "Error loading in Tiles". I recently published the dashboard with same name after deleting first and those tiles were from older report. could that be the reason ???? because while clicking on tile nothing happens(usually it navigates to corresponding report)

Hi @Anonymous,

That could be the cause. Did you see the Exclamation sign in the tile when you click "error(s)"? You can see details there and we would know what happened.

Error_in_Dashboard_Tiles_in_PBI_service

Best Regards,

Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, i got this error is due to removal of previous report i guess. I have full read/write permissions. The only reason seems to be report does not exists.

Probably the solution will be to publish the latest report with same name by just replacing the older one. No need to deletye older one first and the publish new. It breaks the tiles' link with reports I believe.

@v-jiascu-msft , Thanks for your help though.!!

A few months later, I have also encountered this error.

The first explanation "report does not exist" is not true, since the report is there and is verified to work.

The second explanation "you don't have permission to view it" is not true, since I am the developer and created the report, able to replace via Desktop "publish" or edit online.

These errors are consistent across several dashboards.

If I REFRESH the dashboard page, the error indicators go away and everything works fine.

The downside is the errors show up again later.

I cannot see any issue on my side which would account for the spurious error messages.

Therefore I suspect this is a real technical issue with the service. Note that the KPI controls are linked to a published Power BI dataset.

Each of KPI tiles in the attached image links to a different report.

Power BI Dashboard errors.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors