Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error importing dataflow (json)

Hi there, 

In order to modify the ownership of a dataflow (not only taking over control of the dataflow) in order to modify queries in the future, I exported each json file of every dataflows and import them again with option Import Model.

AllowNativeQueries was set to "false" and file names are different from existing in the workspace. However, following error has shown:

egomezcaro_0-1637605419566.png

Any idea why is this error showing?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous 

I find a similar solved Internal ICM ID:271455982

The cause of the problem: It seems that the imported dataflows are referencing an old dataflow that has been deleted. 

The solution: update the json files to point to the correct dataflow ids, and then attempt to import these modified json files

Json file sample:

vjaneygmsft_1-1639042834009.png

If it still doesn’t work, the specific problem needs specific analysis, you may need to create a support ticket for deep support.Support | Microsoft Power BI

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous  Any updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-janeyg-msft . It doesn´t seem to be a tenant issue. I have tried the same with other dataflows in other project and it goes well importing to different tenant. Error is only showing on this particular one.

@Anonymous 

vjaneygmsft_0-1639041727612.png

Can't every exported dataflow be imported?

If there is only one, you may consider whether there is a permission problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error shows in all dataflows for this particular project. Also I am admin of the tenant, so may not be permission issues.

@Anonymous 

I find a similar solved Internal ICM ID:271455982

The cause of the problem: It seems that the imported dataflows are referencing an old dataflow that has been deleted. 

The solution: update the json files to point to the correct dataflow ids, and then attempt to import these modified json files

Json file sample:

vjaneygmsft_1-1639042834009.png

If it still doesn’t work, the specific problem needs specific analysis, you may need to create a support ticket for deep support.Support | Microsoft Power BI

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

The error message shows that you don't seem to import the json file in the same tenant

Reference: Creating a dataflow - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

vjaneygmsft_2-1637821112176.png

You can try to take over the dataflow in the dataflow setting.

vjaneygmsft_0-1637820849448.png

Reference:Configure and consume a dataflow - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors