Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Stan_Ogden

Error importing data for Dynamics 365 sales content pack

Hi I have set up a new CRM and am working on the sandbox with the standard sample data

I have logged into the Power BI service and clicked get Data

then browsed to a content pack called "Sales Analytics for Dynamics 365" (I think this must be a renaming of the "Dynamics CRM Online Sales Manager" pack.

It asks me to authenticate and I select OAuth

I log in with my credentials.

It then says "importing data ...this may take a while"

After a few seconds it fails with the following message

We couldn't import data from Sales Analytics for Dynamics 365

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Data source typeOData
Processing errorOData: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (Invalid XML.)
Correlation ID91fce5ab-69f4-72fc-702d-61f7d1302681
Activity IDc1b0dfef-8270-404e-8c55-917f64372ead
Request IDff933e26-3062-4887-cc5c-aff6d6537ca3
Status code400
TimeSun Jun 04 2017 09:53:59 GMT+0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
Version13.0.1700.2352

So i am left with a very empty report in my Power Bi service.

I should also point out that I am a bit of a Power Bi newbie but I think I am following the correct steps

14 REPLIES 14
mcornejo_1
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you contisma. Removing the fetchxml worked like a charm.

mcornejo_1
Helper I
Helper I

Stan_Ogden,

While this post hits my exact issue right on the head, I am sorry but I'm still not clear exactly what your colleague did to correct the issue with the Account entity. It would be incredibly helpful if we knew what was copied from what table to correct this. Thank you.

If you goto the query editor, right click on the Accounts query and select advanced editor.

In here you will see:

let
	Source = OData.Feed(CRMServiceUrl, null, [Concurrent = true, ODataVersion = 4, Query=[fetchXml="%3Cf......

The Query= section is what is now failing since the update.

Remove the 

, Query=[fetchxml=.....]

so you end up with

let
	Source = OData.Feed(CRMServiceUrl, null, [Concurrent = true, ODataVersion = 4]),
        accounts_table = ......

and this should fix the error.

A key piece of the query that is lost is the fetchxml was filtering to only accounts that had an opportunity that was modified in the last 365 days.

If you have the time to identify what is wrong with the fetch xml, I would be intrigued to know what should be in the "query" section.

Ubon
Frequent Visitor

I think we have same issue following update to Dynamics 365 this weekend - (Version 1612 (8.2.1.207) (DB 8.2.1.207) online

Error on 'Account' query:

DataSource.Error: OData: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (Invalid XML.)
Details:
    DataSourceKind=OData
    DataSourcePath=........

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Stan_Ogden @dimitrievski,

The issue has been reported internally to Power BI team, I will post back once I get any updates. 

Currently, you can use Power BI Desktop as a workaround to connect to Dynamics 365.

Regards,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

Hi Lydia

My error is when using Power BI Desktop (with May update) with the Sales Manager.pbix content pack.

Dynamics 365 online Version 1612 (8.2.1.207).

Fails on 'Accounts' query with:

DataSource.Error: OData: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (Invalid XML.)

Do you know if there is an updated content pack for this version of Dynamics 365 or if there is a correction available for the failing query?

In the end my learned colleague (who knows much more about this kind of thing than me) decided that the XML in the query for Accounts was bad. He fixed it.

I think MS have made a mistake and broken it when they have updated the pbix file.

@Stan_Ogden

I've worked around it by removing the fetchxml from my query.  We don't have that many account records in the database and don't have a requirement to limit the number of account records returned to only those with opportunities modified in last 365 days.  I'd like to know if I can use fetchxml in other queries though.

Did your colleague take the same approach, or were did they amend the fetchxml?  If they fixed the fetch, would you be able to share the xml?

Hi all apologies for the late response

Also apologies for my non techie answer

he went into the advanced editor on another table and copied something and pasted it into the advanced editor window of the account replacing what was already there.

hope that helps in some way 

bmalfait
Frequent Visitor

Also interested in the solution of changing the fetchmxl file.

My guess is that the Service Update 3 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 8.2.1 which was deployed to our v8.2 Dynamics 365 instances on Friday broke the Power BI content packs. When testing either the Sales or Service content packs in a CRM org with 8.2.1.207 version the "Invalid XML" error appears. When I tried adding it on a v8.1 instance (8.1.1.1003) there wasn't any errors.

Power_BI_invalid_XML_after_v8.2.1.207.png

Same problem on my side... Looking urgently for a solution...

dimitrievski
Frequent Visitor

It started happening today for me too, it was working perfectly for a week or so. No changes have been made both in CRM or in Power BI. I recreated it also thru Dynamics CRM Online Sales Manager pack and still the same error occurs. 

Any thoughts?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Stan_Ogden,

How about you connect to the Dynamics CRM Online Sales Manager pack in Power BI Service?

Regards,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors