Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sven2017
Regular Visitor

Error generating an asymmetric key / communication object faulted

Hello there,

everytime i try to set up a data gateway the error message below shows up.

I tried the solutions i've found in the forum but nothing helped.

Infrmation:

The server (Win Server 2016) is not configured as a domain controller.

Additionally i changed the login for "on-premises data gateway service" to a local account. (I also tried some other accounts).

Here's the full message:

Error generating an asymmetric key.
Das Kommunikationsobjekt "System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel" kann nicht zur Kommunikation verwendet werden, weil es sich im Faulted-Status befindet.

Server stack trace:
   bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.ThrowIfDisposedOrNotOpen()
   bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EnsureOpened(TimeSpan timeout)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   bei Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.InternalContracts.IGatewayConfigurationService.GenerateAsymmetricKey()
   bei Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayClient.GatewayConfigurationClient.GenerateAsymmetricKey()

Please help!

regards,

Sven

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-sihou-msft

Thanks for your reply!

It was easier as i thought...Not all of the Ports were unlocked. When I unlocked them, the keys were installed instantly.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@sven2017

What account are you using for "on-premises data gateway service"?

Can you switch it back to "NT SERVICE\PBIEgwService" or try "LocalSystem"?

If it still doesn't work, the issue might be related to OS. I suggest you collect gateway logs and create a support ticket

Regards,

@v-sihou-msft

Thanks for your reply!

It was easier as i thought...Not all of the Ports were unlocked. When I unlocked them, the keys were installed instantly.

Thank you!

hi @Simon_Hou-MSFT

how do i unlock my ports?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors