Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Error formatting date refresh time Nan

We are getting a NaN on one of our dashboards on power bi. This panel shows the last refresh date for the data. It has been in place for over a year working okay but in the last few weeks something has gone wrong.

I have tried using a calculated column and a measure to get it working again both fail when publishing to ower bi. Both formulas below. I have checked Fact_OpsDeliverySLAHistory[RefreshDate] it is a Date\Time field formatted to yyyy-mm-dd HH:mm:ss and it all works in desktop, it did used to work on power bi until a couple of weeks ago.

RefreshDateDisplay = FORMAT([RefreshDate],"dddd, dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss") 
Refresh Time Old = FORMAT( CALCULATE(max(Fact_OpsDeliverySLAHistory[RefreshDate])),"dddd, dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss")

displays okay on desktopdisplays okay on desktop

Error on power bi appError on power bi app

Anyone else having this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gooranga1,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Please follow below tips to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Which kind of data source did you get data from?

2. Please try other visuals instead of Card, like table visual to see if the issue related to Card.

2. Please update the Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.48.4792.721 64-bit (July 2017), then open the report in this version to publish to service.

3. Please share .pbix file with us with dummy data if possible, so we can try to reproduce the issue.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Sorry been away for a few weeks. Yes it looks like the custom visualisation problem was the issue in this case. I was using a CardWithStatesBySQLBI visualisation and this was failing. When I switched to the standard card visualisation the format worked.

So I just changed that particular card and matched as close as possible to the custom card format.

One thing I have noticed on a similar thread though and I don't think it was like this before is that now in the mobile phone app for power bi all date formats against sliders are all US format and I can see no way of changing that which is slightly annoying for non US date format customers.

mobile error.PNG

Hi @gooranga1,

As the issue is related to custom visual Card with States by OKViz, I would suggest you report this issue by click Report this custom visual here.

Regarding your second issue in mobile app, as it's another topic from original issue. Please create a new thread in Mobile Apps forum to get dedicated support.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu  

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors