Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bilal_321321
Helper I
Helper I

Error exporting to dashboard to PowerPoint

Hi,

I am trying to export to PowerPoint and I keep getting the following message and the report is Blank. Has anyone else had this problem and how did they fix it?!?!?

Thanks

Powerpoint Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Bilal_321321,

Firstly, please pay attention to the limations when exporting dashboard/report to PowerPoint.

In Power Bi service, you have successfully print the dashboard to PowerPoint without any error, right? Based on my research, it looks like an issue in PowerPoint side. To determine what caused this error, please try to open an other ppt file which is not exported from Power BI. And create a dashboard which only contains a simple tile and export it for a test to see whether ppt file can be opened.

Here are some troubleshooting advice regarding to above error:

I received a .ppt error Powerpoint was unable to display some of..

Fixed – PowerPoint was unable to display some of the text, images, or objects on slides in the file.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana,

Thanks for your response. I have never actually been able to export anything to PowerPoint. I have tried literally every option even trying to export a simple list which only has 7/8 rows and I still get the same message.

Powerpoint Capture.PNG

Any idea what it could be?

P.S. sorry for late response!!! It got me so stressed I went on holiday!! 😉

Thanks

Bilal

Hi @Bilal_321321,

From the error message, it looks like an issue on PowerPoint side. To test this, could you logon your Power BI service on a different computer and export reports to PowerPoint? If issue persists, you might need to create a support ticket for further analysis.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors