Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error exporting data from Power BI Service - only from certain tables

Hi,

I have a weird problem. I have a report which has a few tabs with data in tables. There's 10-20 columns and data in text & numbers. Some simple measures too. I need to export data from three different tabs from tables to xlsx from the Service. I can only get data from two different tabs in this report. For the third tab, I will get an error and my colleague also gets this error:

This is strange, because this only affects ONE table in one tab. Any idea which could be the reason? It's difficult to troubleshoot this problem. Is this a model or Service problem? The other tables, where I can get the data exported use the same table, but still is a bit different. We have tried this yesterday and today, still same issue.

4 REPLIES 4
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, it could work on my side, could you have checked below limitation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data#limitations-and-considerations

Or you could offer your sample data to have a test.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that doesn't help really. Because this is not a standard problem. I know that you are trying to help (thanks for that), but posting just basic MS documents does not help. Because like I described, this problem doesn't really make sense. This should be investigated by devs, because seems to be like a bug, and not like a "problem between chair and keyboard" or "it is an intended feature" - situation.

My table, which I'd like export, has around 250 rows and 25 columns. So it is not due to the size. I have been able to export this data in past months with similiar amount of data. But it does not let me to export it from this particular tab and table at this month. I just tried again Tue 16th 2019, and the problem persists.

I think it might have to do something with the Power BI Pro licenses and the allocated server capacity for us, because Pro is cheap and with that license you get x amount of capacity (which MS doesn't tell us explicitly). I'd bet this wouldn't be with Premium. But could someone confirm this or something else?

I solved the case by exporting the exact same data from Power BI Desktop to a .csv - file, but there's still something wrong with Service.

Hi there

I would suggest logging a support ticket if the problem persists and someone can look into it for you.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

With regards to the shared capacity I have been working with some clients where the shared capacity is actually using a lot more resources than when you go with Power BI premium. It all depends on a whole host of different variables with your data model.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

It might have to do with the actual visual that is rendering the visualisation.

What if you change the visual, what happens then?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors