Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nuzhi
Frequent Visitor

Error displayed on tiles on streaming dataset

Hi,

I am getting the following error when I integrate a streaming dataset with my PowerBI Dashboard. I am using Azure Stream Analytics to stream the data. Quite a few of the tiles I created which use the streaming data work, while another a tile gives an error similar to the one displayed here. Any fix for this ?

PowerBI error.PNG

Best Regards,

Nuzhi

3 REPLIES 3
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Nuzhi

If your Azure Stream Analytics query results in very rapid output to Power BI (for example, once or twice per second), Azure Stream Analytics will being batching those outputs into a single request. This may cause the request size to exceed the streaming tile limit. In that case, streaming tiles will fail to render.

In such cases, the best practice is to slow the rate of data output to Power BI; for example, instead of a maximum value every second, set it to a maximum over 10 seconds.

Error displayed on tiles on streaming dataset_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Hi @v-haibl-msft

How do I slow the rate of data output. Is it from the Azure Stream Analytics end or is there any possibility of doing it from within Power BI ?

Best Regards,

Nuzhi

@Nuzhi

We can use a Tumbling window or Hopping window to ensure that data push is at most one push per second, and that your query lands within the throughput requirements.

Please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/stream-analytics/stream-analytics-power-bi-dashboard#learn-ab.... A sample is given there.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors