Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bernardvanraaij

Error creating power BI account

I really want to learn more about PowerBI (as a Tableau fan so convince me!). So I tried to sign up at PowerBI service. Of couse I use me Microsoft account with wich I can logon at live.com and Azure. During suigning up, the powerBI portal recognizes my acount:

You have an account with us
You’re using bernard.van.raaij@q-ray.nl with another Microsoft service already. To finish signing up for Microsoft Power BI, sign in with your existing password.

But, when signing in for Power BI it repeats saying my username/password is incorrect (which is NOT true, howelse could I login to my Azure portal???) .

Enter password
Your email or password is incorrect. If you don't remember your password, reset it now.

When choosing resetting (although I really don't get  the point of resetting a password which is correct en I do know) I get:

We're sorry

You cannot reset your password at this time because your administrator has not configured password reset for your organization. There is no further action you can take to resolve this situation. Please contact your admin and ask them to configure password reset. To learn more about password reset configuration read the article Quick Start: Azure AD self-service password reset. 

Terribly annoying and dissapointing. Please help me te get started with PowerBI. 

Bernard van Raaij

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bernardvanraaij

Just solved this issue myself. I have an Microsoft account which I use for Azure administration and live.com. This accoun tis not usable for PowerBI.: PowerBI expects me to use my local Windows domain account which is of course linked to my Office 365 (exchange online) account. When using this account, it works. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bernardvanraaij,

Thanks for your sharing the solution. As the issue is resolved now, I will close this thread. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bernardvanraaij

Just solved this issue myself. I have an Microsoft account which I use for Azure administration and live.com. This accoun tis not usable for PowerBI.: PowerBI expects me to use my local Windows domain account which is of course linked to my Office 365 (exchange online) account. When using this account, it works. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bernardvanraaij,

Please open the browser in inprivate mode, then follow this article to sign up Power BI:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-self-service-signup-for-power-bi#signing-up-for-po...

If the same issue occurs, I would suggest you contact you IT admin for help. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors