Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error creating or editing Dataflows

Whenever I try to create a dataflow it gives me "unexpected error" during the data load part with no mayor explanation. Nonetheless, my colleague can create the same Dataflow with no issues. Finally when I try to edit the dataflow of my colleague a I get error and can't save any modification.

I have tried different browsers and computers with the same results.

8 REPLIES 8
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Are you unable to create dataflows for all data sources or for a specific data source?

Are you unable to create dataflows in all workspaces?

Is there any error message in the bottom left corner when editing the dataflow?

vkkfmsft_0-1630397206197.png

Best Regards,
Winniz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, that's a good question, I tried and I'm able to create dataflows from OneDrive.

The ones I need to create are connections to a Sharepoint Folder, for which I am getting the error. The unexpected error happens after I try to merge files in a sharepoint folder, after showing me the data and transformations, when I click load the table, it shows the unexpected error. After that it just shows me loading data and never ends.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Has your problem been solved? If it is solved, please mark a reply which is helpful to you.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Hi @Anonymous ,

I cannot reproduct your problem, this is my test.

1. My datasource is OneDrive for Business, use the SharePoint connector. Go to OneDrive and grab the URL. It will look like this:

vkkfmsft_0-1630568206980.png

vkkfmsft_1-1630568286601.png

Then combine and merge files, no errors were generated.

vkkfmsft_2-1630568419714.png     vkkfmsft_3-1630568513018.png

There is workaround: copy & paste the main query code from the Desktop advanced editor to the dataflow, copy the query code from the custom function for combining files from the Desktop advanced editor and somehow work it into the main M code in the dataflow.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Migasuke
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

There was a major issue today with the same error messages. I can't find the threat right now, but MS should work on that at this moment.
If I find the link, I will add it here.

If my answer was helpful please give me a Kudos or even accept as a Solution.

Let's connect on LinkedIn!

Hi @Anonymous ,

The issue should be fixed. Try it in your workspace.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Migasuke, thank you for following up. I tried today and I'm still experiencing the same issue. I can't create or edit Dataflows.

For reference the error always happen after I do the data transformtions and load, or when I try to save an already existing Dataflow.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry to hear you face the issues. I faced the same issues yesterday with my team. Since the morning noone has the problems at all.
MS support confirmed me, that the cause might be related to yesterday's outage.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors