Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rheuvel

Error combining parameter and custom data connector

Hi,

I am trying to combine the output of a Custom Data Connector and a parameter to construct a query using the Web.Contents connector. The Custom Data Connector is used to calculate a Hmac signature and return it as a string. The code looks something like this:

let
    Timestamp = Text.From(DateTimeZone.UtcNow()),
    Authentication = CustomConnector.Contents("SomeBase64Key=", Timestamp),
    BaseUrl = "https://some.apiurl.com",
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents(BaseUrl,
        [Query = [Timestamp = Timestamp, Authentication = Authentication, date = Year]]))
in
    Source

Where Year is the parameter with the following code:

"2018" meta [IsParameterQuery=true, Type="Text", IsParameterQueryRequired=true]

Everything works just fine in Power Bi Desktop and the Custom Data Connector works fine with Power Bi service and an On-premise data gateway. Also, just changing the paramater and passing that as a query parameter works in Power Bi Service. However when everything is put together and I try to change the paramter, I get the following error.

Failed to update parameters values.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID a15bd277-cca7-428e-9f56-5ee22d45431b
Request ID c236e830-c5aa-e44b-edf8-654c669f27a8
Correlation ID 1d7d4fe2-80dc-5198-9db3-ff70e7d2d097
Status code 400
Time Tue Sep 03 2019 14:57:51 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)
Version 13.0.10599.151
Cluster URI https://wabi-south-east-asia-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ruurd

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @rheuvel 

Can you please confirm that you have got the latest version of Power BI On-Premise Gateway.

And if you still have the problem, I would suggest you create a support ticket here.

Provide the details and power bi support team will give you further help.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lili6-msft 

Thanks for the reply.

The Data Gateway shows version 3000.8.452 (August 2019) and Power BI Desktop shows 2.72.5556.801 64-bit (augustus 2019), which, if I am correct, are the latest version.

In any case the request doesn't seem to arrive at the Gateway at all since no errors nor the Request ID show up in the Gateway logs.

For now, unfortunately, creating a support ticket is not something I can do since I have only access to the Pro trial, but not the actual Pro subscription.

It would be good to know if someone else has run into similar problems and if there is a solution.

Kind regards,

Ruurd

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors