Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AS_0001
Helper I
Helper I

Error about Data source credeintials

I'm facing data source credentials errors about datasets of the workspace in power BI services.

I published the report to the workspace in Power BI Services. The datasets is AWS and I set credentials for schedule maintenance.

Current error message in Datasource credentials is below.

"Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again."

When I clicked "Edit credentials" and then fill in ID and password but faced the following error message.

----error message----

Failed to update data source credentials: ODBC: ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126: The specified module could not be found. (Simba Amazon Redshift ODBC Driver, D:\SvcFab\_App\ASAzureApp_App1\DataMovementMetadataServicePackage.DataMovementMetadataService.Code.Main_13.0.11499.217_1911240307\ODBC Drivers\RS\AmazonRedshiftODBC_sb64.dll).

Activity ID:          2d1d06b7-d347-4bcb-bed4-18cf046af18c

Request ID:        fb723fd6-20cd-a51d-c129-bcd97ed2897d

Status code:       400

Time:     Mon Nov 25 2019 13:53:21 GMT+0900 (Japan Standard Time)

Service version: 13.0.11499.187

Client version:    1911.3.022

Cluster URI:        https://wabi-japan-east-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

------------

I've already cleared chashe of the browser and the sign-in PBI service again, however situation is same. On the Power BI desktp, we can connect to same datasets with the ID and password.

Could you support to resolve the issue?

25 REPLIES 25

@AS_0001 

Thanks. If you hear anything please let me know. Did you find a solution for now or do you manually update?

Let me confirm one thing.

Which region is your location? Our Power BI location is Japan region. Microsoft told that the error happens in specific region.

Hi @AS_0001 ,

Two weeks ago, we tried to reproduce this issue in East Asia Region but we did not occur the same error. Based on your situation,  this issue occur in some special region currently, we suggest try to use On-Premises Data Gateway to connect RedShift data source as a workaround before this issue got fixed

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lid-msft

Hi Dong Li,

I have the same issue for Europe West 2 (AWS Redshift region). This is an issue that needs to be resolved. Can you give me any guidance on when you expect this to be picked up and fixed? Is there any way to make this go faster?

I don't see how I can do it on premise. It was designed for a company that only uses Apple. Can I configure a on premise gateway on an Apple machine?

Thanks for your help,

Matthijs

@Matthijs1 

Sure. I will keep it posted.

Currently we need to download PBIX from PBI service, reflesh data in PBI Desktop and then publish it to PBI Service as a manual process.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors