Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AS_0001
Helper I
Helper I

Error about Data source credeintials

I'm facing data source credentials errors about datasets of the workspace in power BI services.

I published the report to the workspace in Power BI Services. The datasets is AWS and I set credentials for schedule maintenance.

Current error message in Datasource credentials is below.

"Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again."

When I clicked "Edit credentials" and then fill in ID and password but faced the following error message.

----error message----

Failed to update data source credentials: ODBC: ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126: The specified module could not be found. (Simba Amazon Redshift ODBC Driver, D:\SvcFab\_App\ASAzureApp_App1\DataMovementMetadataServicePackage.DataMovementMetadataService.Code.Main_13.0.11499.217_1911240307\ODBC Drivers\RS\AmazonRedshiftODBC_sb64.dll).

Activity ID:          2d1d06b7-d347-4bcb-bed4-18cf046af18c

Request ID:        fb723fd6-20cd-a51d-c129-bcd97ed2897d

Status code:       400

Time:     Mon Nov 25 2019 13:53:21 GMT+0900 (Japan Standard Time)

Service version: 13.0.11499.187

Client version:    1911.3.022

Cluster URI:        https://wabi-japan-east-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

------------

I've already cleared chashe of the browser and the sign-in PBI service again, however situation is same. On the Power BI desktp, we can connect to same datasets with the ID and password.

Could you support to resolve the issue?

25 REPLIES 25
youssef_youssef
Frequent Visitor

Turns out that this error is misleading.

You need to have Redshift 64-bit ODBC driver installed on the gateway. If you already have it, then you need to check if there is an updated version of the driver by Amazon and install it; otherwise, the gateway will return this error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

From Sydney/Australia,

Experiencing the same issue, only way to get around this is to open the .pbix file, hit refresh and then publish to workspace.

Failed to update data source credentials: ODBC: ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126: The specified module could not be found. (Simba Amazon Redshift ODBC Driver, D:\SvcFab\_App\ASAzureApp_App1\DataMovementMetadataServicePackage.DataMovementMetadataService.Code.Main_13.0.11747.237_1912180731\ODBC Drivers\RS\AmazonRedshiftODBC_sb64.dll).

Activity ID: a360c5d6-71b2-48c5-97e7-d9f7d76e99e8
Request ID: 139f80f6-04e0-7d7f-43c7-083ca3c08272
Status code: 400
Time: Fri Dec 20 2019 09:53:01 GMT+1100 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)
Service version: 13.0.11747.247
Client version: 1912.2.028
Cluster URI: https://wabi-south-east-asia-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Hi @Anonymous , @AS_0001 , @gbc_batman , @melo-loadsmart , @Anonymous , @Anonymous 

Unfortunately, Amazon Redshift connector having issues with manual fresh and updating credentials currently. As a workaround, we can install Gateway and configure their Redshift data source to go through it. 

Hi @Matthijs1 , Sorry for that, but we cannot configure a on premise gateway on an Apple machine

Apology again for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Today it started working again, the credentials error was fixed. It looks like it is an itermittent issue.

Thanks

Microsoft support desk sent the email to us that the issue was resolved thanks to update Dec.18 and 19. We confirmed the issue was resolved.

The forum post indicates this problem was resolved in December last year, but this error started occurring for me early this morning.  There were no other changes to the Data Gateway server that I am aware of.

Please respond if you have any suggestions or are experiencing the same.

@v-lid-msft 

Thank you for your workaround.

Unfortunately our environment cannot set onpremise data gateway. Is there any workaround? If we configure ODBC in AWS, does it work?  I hope Microsoft resolve this issue as soon as possible.

It was really heavy workload to download many PBIX files and refresh and publish it every day.

gbc_batman
Frequent Visitor

Today the error has returned after I updated one of my reports and published it again.

This time I can refresh it on Power BI service, but when I try to schedule it, it tells that I need to fix the credentials and that's when the error pop up:
Failed to update data source credentials: ODBC: ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126: The specified module could not be found. (Simba Amazon Redshift ODBC Driver, D:\SvcFab\_App\ASAzureApp_App1\DataMovementMetadataServicePackage.DataMovementMetadataService.Code.Main_13.0.11747.237_1912180246\ODBC Drivers\RS\AmazonRedshiftODBC_sb64.dll

Anonymous
Not applicable

Facing the same issue. 

its still not working. 

Me too 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to PowerBI / Redshift.  Just ran into this while working with a 3rd party.  Same error message when connecting, same DLL file.  Message occurs when using PowerBI.com, but works fine when using desktop.

gbc_batman
Frequent Visitor

Same error here in region: North Central US (Illinois)

It was working fine until last friday (13/Dec/2019), from Saturday onwards all of my datasets in Power BI services started to give errors when refreshing.

Remarks:

-My data source is Redshift;

-In PowerBI desktop it refreshes with no error;

Thanks

Hi,

Just tried to refresh again now and it is working fine. It looks like it was something temporary that they were changing on the cloud.

Best Regards

Hi,

I unfortunately still get the same error message.

Thanks,

Matthijs

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AS_0001 ,

Sorry for that, We cannot reproduce the issue here and also not found an effective solution.

(Update reply with reproduce screenshot)

21.PNG22.PNG

We suggest you to delete the ID information in your origin post and then open a ticket here for help if you are a pro user: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket .gif

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lid-msft 

I'm sorry to hear that you cannot reproduce it.

It seems it's not our project only. I've already contacted Microsoft support team directly and wait  their update.

I hope the issue will resolve soon.

Hi @AS_0001 ,

Have you tried use on-premises data gateway to connect the Amazon Redshift ?

Best regards,

@v-lid-msft 

No, we have not tried to utilize on-premise gateway.

Regards,

I'm having the same issue. Is there a fix or solution for this issue now?

@Matthijs1 

Hello, we have not received resolution way from Microsoft yet. I heard Microsoft is continueing to investigate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors