Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error Refershing Data Flow after move to Premium Capacity not possible

Hi All, 

Since I moved our data flows to premium capacity I get the following error for some of the Data Flow Tables where others work.

"Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object."

If I move the data flow to a non premium capacity the data flow works and refreshes just fine. 

The files that the data flow is calling are located on a sharepoint and there are never more than 5 files called up like that via the Data Flow.

How can I fix this I have been wating for this to resolve itself for several days but so far no luck and I am getting really frustrated especially cause with Premium I am supposed to get fast and better Data Flows?

M

2 REPLIES 2
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Does this issue occur to only a specific dataflow, or all of your dataflows?

You could copy the code and run it in desktop with query editor. Check if it will show some issues.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-eachen-msft,

It happens with different Data Flows - when I move the very same data flow that is in an "Invalid state" to a non premium capacity it works without an issue refresh and connecting to it. 

When I move them to PowerBI Desktiop it works it only fails on the Premium Capacity.

The stranges thing is that before the refresh on the Prem Capacity stops it even loads rows - it looks like the connection to the DF would time out before it has enough time to load. 

Is there any setting that governs this on workspaces?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors