Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 on OneDrive

Hi all! Hope you all are fine

I'm trying to schedule update a dataset, but everytime it gives me this issue:

"Excel Workbook: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987."

I've looked into the community and search for the solution, found that you have to download something, install, etc... and I made it, but at the end, same error, no sucess. I think that the problem might be the version of Excel on the OneDrive I've collecting the data. It is possible be something related to it? I do not own this OneDrive.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous  Both gateway and access database engine on same machine and still you are facing the issue, then please raise a support ticket.

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous  Both gateway and access database engine on same machine and still you are facing the issue, then please raise a support ticket.

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just made a change on the gateway path for each file and it worked!
Thank you very much @nandukrishnavs 

nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous  Did you install the 64bit Access database engine in the machine where the gateway has installed?

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! I did on my machine.

nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous  If possible, save your excel file in OneDrive and copy the path from the browser.

nandukrishnavs_0-1608215836114.png

Example : https://people.xxxxxxx.com/personal/xxxxxxxxxxxx/Documents/Best%20Practices/Financial%20Sample.xlsx

Then use the Web connector in the Power BI desktop. You can use the previously copied path in connection. So, you can avoid gateway dependency and you will be able to configure the schedule refresh. 

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos 👍

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nandukrishnavs,

I've made two files, each one conneceted differently. the one I'd send you used the local file, but the folder is on the client's OneDrive (I synched the folder), and the othe is directly to the web path. Both return the same error.

Also, gateway is already configured and paths are shown, but still no sucess.

Relihimas_0-1608216573169.png

nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous  I can see you are referring to the local excel file. Not OneDrive.

Did you configure the gateway in your machine? Also, install the access database engine https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Can you share the snapshot of the Advanced Editor window?

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please, check below

Relihimas_0-1608213811427.png

nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Convert your excel file to xlsx and repoint the file in Power BI. Then try to configure the schedule refresh.

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @nandukrishnavs! Files are already to xlsx and repointed. Also credentials are correct on the schedule configurations.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors