Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Razorbx13
Post Patron
Post Patron

Error Message in Service

My dataset refreshes fine in the desktop, but the refresh from the service continually gets the following "generic" error.  Any ideas on how to fix this without removing things step by step?  Thanks!

2021-04-12_13-42-38.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NimaiAhluwalia
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @Razorbx13 

Hope you are doing good!

I got the same error message and got fixed.

In the Power BI service, go to dataset settings and check the data source credentials section. Click edit credentials and re-enter the credentials again then refresh the dataset. it will work.

If not then have a look at this bellow or else open a support ticket they might help you to troubleshoot the issue

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Refresh-Failed-Internal-Service-Error/td-p/381780

IF MY SOLUTION HELPED YOU PLEASE DO HIT A LIKE AND ACCEPT IT AS A SOLUTION IF IT SOLVES YOUR ERROR!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Razorbx13 

Have you resolved the issue? If not, I need more information to judge it.

Can you tell me what's your data source type?And check if your gateway is run normally, and whether the data source credentials are correct and consistent. Are the versions of daektop and gateway up to date?

Here are some similar solved case.Hope it helps.

Solved: Refresh Failed - Internal Service Error - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed b... - Microsoft Power BI Community

If it doesn’t solve your problem, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

NimaiAhluwalia
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @Razorbx13 

Hope you are doing good!

I got the same error message and got fixed.

In the Power BI service, go to dataset settings and check the data source credentials section. Click edit credentials and re-enter the credentials again then refresh the dataset. it will work.

If not then have a look at this bellow or else open a support ticket they might help you to troubleshoot the issue

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Refresh-Failed-Internal-Service-Error/td-p/381780

IF MY SOLUTION HELPED YOU PLEASE DO HIT A LIKE AND ACCEPT IT AS A SOLUTION IF IT SOLVES YOUR ERROR!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors