Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

krishna1984
Regular Visitor

Error Message in Dashboard - DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_FeatureNotSupported

Hi,

While developing the dashboard everything went fine no issues in direct query. After publihing, when we click any drills in the dashboard in any visual the error message says "the feature is not supported. Please make sure you have installed latest version of the gateway. 

When go to details it showing as "DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_FeatureNotSupported".

Can somebody help on this...

Regards,

krishna Prakash

4 REPLIES 4
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @krishna1984,

Which type of data source are you using? Have you configured data source for this dataset in Manage Gateway page? Besides, you need to update your gateway to the latest version. A lot of issues can surface when the gateway version is out of date.  It is a good general practice to make sure you are on the latest version. 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem-tshoot/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi Charlie Liao,

We are using SQL server 2014, direct query is used for power bi. It is working fine couple of dashboard. When we are developing a new dashbord which contains 3 million record, it is failing while selecting different years.  I am using year filter seperately followed by quarter and month since date dimension are not working in direct query. Testing all looks fine in desktop client. In the web visuals are loaded for the first time when i click year filter then this error is popping up and all the visuals not working. 

But i found when i use custom visual for date (timeline visual) then all are working fine. Current when i am using custom filer for date it is working. Native filter not working....

Hi!

Try to convert your year field in char

Regards

premdask
Frequent Visitor

Hi Krishna,

We are also facing the same issue on our reports. I believed this is due to the Direct Query feature being enabled. I have tried uploading another report with imported data and the graphs works perfectly fine.

Regards,

Premdas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors