Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

aestrada1878
Frequent Visitor

Error Message: We couldn't find your file on OneDrive. It may have been deleted or moved.

I am reading .xlsx files to a dataset using the power bi service available online and after i update my file i keep getting the following error:

Error Message: We couldn't find your file on OneDrive. It may have been deleted or moved.

I am reading/linking the dataset to onedrive and onedrive is logged in, and it only appears after i update the file with new data.  i read that they were having issues with a service in another post, does anyone know how what the fix is?  thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @aestrada1878,

Could you please tell me if your problem was resolved? Could you please share the answer or mark the proper answer as solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @aestrada1878,

It's hard to reproduce this issue. Could you please share more information?

1. Did you link the .xlsx file from "Get Data" of Service or Desktop?

2. When did this error message show up? Refreshing or select this dataset?

3. Could you please post some snapshots?

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale,

After uploading the .xlsx file, I click on Datasets, then expand "OneDrive Credentials" and show the attached graphic.  The initial load works correctly.

The initial data is loaded by using the following steps:

Click on "Get Data"
the on the Files card, I click on "Get" and the I click on "OneDrive - Personal"

I then am displayed with a list of Excel files which I upload, and then I select the file and click on "Connect", then it displays "Your dataset is ready", I then create a report from it.  Which works OK, as it is.  

Afterwards, then I update the excel file with a modified file, I remove data from the uploaded file and then the file is uploaded (note that ever so often I do get a message that says the the file cannot be replaced which is pointing to OneDrive), I then remove it from the OneDrive repository and then I upload it using OneDrive sync.  which is uploaded OK.

I then click on DataSets select the ellipse (...) and then click Settings and attempt to refresh it using the above instructions, and get the attached message.  It does work, but follow up files are not refreshed.  I did however, was able to refresh, but cannot seem to be able to afterwards, it's very erratic, and I can't zero in as to how to refresh updated files.  I can't re-link them and seems that I recreate the datasets on follow up uploads, which I don't want to recreate (see attached file).

I click on the "Get Data" hilighted in the screen capture.

I do keep my OneDrive logged in as well as the powerbi website to minimize errors.  Any help sure is appreciated.

AlbertoSalesForLastYear Datset.PNGtroubleshooting.PNGGetData.PNG

Hi @aestrada1878,

According to my test, the workbook on OneDrive (or online) is connected in a different way from the workbook on local. Local file is located by path and file name, while a file online is located by URL. Though you delete it and copy a new one with the same name, they are two different files. I am still trying to find out some official documents about this. What's the problem that you can't update the workbook directly?

Best Regards!

Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors