Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error: Information is needed in order to combine data

Hi !

I have a report that uses multiple datasources (SQL, Analysis Services). While refreshing from PBI Desktop it works OK. But Once I publish it and try to refresh, I get the following error: Information is needed in order to combine data.

I have read few posts but that reference issues related the privacy settings, but after changing them several times I still dont get it to work.

If anyone could share any idea on how to come across this issues, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jose

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you changed the privacy settings for the Gateway? If not, could you try changing the privacy setting for the gateway to see if it helps? Smiley Happy

Using Fast Combine with the personal gateway: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-personal-mode/#using-fast-combine-with-the-personal-gateway

Change Privacy Level Setting for On-premises Gateway within Manage Gateway in Power BI service:

gateway.PNG

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-ljerr-msft

Thanks for you reply.

I will try that, however, what is the implication of setting it to "none".

Also, since I am using multiple datasources for this report, this means I need to set them up all to "none"?

Thanks,

Jose

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors