Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bavix
Frequent Visitor

Error DataSource.MissingClientLibrary PostgreSQL gateway

After installing the gateway we installed Npgsql 4.0.10 with GAC we still get the following error.

How to get this solved?

errorerror

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bavix
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much for the support.

With your suggestions we checked it all again. And now we succeeded.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Try increasing the connectionTimeout parameter on the connector. You can edit the source step in your model. Check the following doc:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerquery-m/postgresql-database

Then be sure to check the requirements to connect:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/connectors/postgresql

Finally if this continues please tell us about the network, do you have a proxy or firewall?

Hope this helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I remember a problem like this some time ago. We realized that the Gateway won't take any driver for connection until you restart the VM or PC. You can try connecting with Power Bi Desktop from that VM/PC to test the connection too.

Hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

bavix
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ibarrau. Thanks.

How can I try to connecting within PBI desktop, what datasource do I need to select to test the connection?
I get data from the PostgreSQL database and this works ok on the vm desktop. Publishing from this vm also works ok. But the automatic refresh in the service needs to go via a gateway where I get the error.

Sometimes the Power BI Desktop is used from a different VM than the Gateway VM. I was saying that you can install Desktop in the same VM of the gateway to test that postgres connection. Just get data from the postgres you want to refresh and see if it returns data. Don't forget to restart the Gateway VM.

Regards,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

bavix
Frequent Visitor

We checked the software on all servers. We now get a DataSource.Error

Any suggestion?2021-02-19-error gateway-postgresql-2-Datasource.Errory.jpg

bavix
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much for the support.

With your suggestions we checked it all again. And now we succeeded.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors