Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jacob_Li
Frequent Visitor

Error: Couldn't load the data for this visual

It is a weird problem and it shows up recently. Suddenly nearly all of my reports could not display visuals correctly. The error message is given below.

Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID: 91b2103e-ff11-40de-946d-6cc4f44a2397
Request ID: ceedea02-60ce-4c7f-eca4-d36cdc88e071
Correlation ID: 8f0db4eb-476c-8e46-ae73-edec429fae81
Time: Tue May 03 2022 10:03:10 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Service version: 13.0.18173.56
Client version: 2204.4.11089-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-canada-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net

My data sources mainly include three parts: SQL Server, Sharepoint files, Web. Since something in common with the problematic visuals is that they are have measures from tables in these Sharepoint files, I doubt that the connection between the Sharepoint and On-premises gateway is down. But everything works fine on my pbix file. I reinstalled the gateway yesterday. It works last day but today it again throws me these errors. I've read some posts, but I am not sure which problem and solution applies to my case.

By the way several days ago, I noticed the error message below, informing me that there's no available gateway.Jacob_Li_0-1651591014157.png

Could it be that I am using the files extracting from sharepoint, but after merging them within the Power Query editor, Power Bi service is unable to identify them? Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

most likely your credentials are invalid or your OAUTH2 session has expired.  Go to the dataset settings and update all credentials.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

most likely your credentials are invalid or your OAUTH2 session has expired.  Go to the dataset settings and update all credentials.

Thanks, I tried to exclude all the possible solutions. And I found that it was due to the mixed data mode, I switched it to import, and now it is fixed. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors