Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rommel_dvo
Regular Visitor

Error Connecting to Visual Studio Online: Not authorized to access this resource

Good day.

We have a Visual Studio Online Project, wherein i have access as a Team Project user and a Project Collection Administrator. 

Now i want PowerBI To connect to VSO to get the workitems and do reporting. 

Our VSO uses Azure Active Directory. 

So after i fill in the VSO Project Name, and entered the my account username and password. I get this error, i can't login. 

Failed to update data source credentials: TF400813: The user 'Windows Live ID\00034001CACFA7DC@Live.com' is not authorized to access this resource. Account: jmpengineeringinc
Activity ID:6ef437c5-65af-4159-95a5-c30ee4a23036
Request ID:1585cce0-9172-b353-544c-7b8d8e2b5c2d
Status code:400
Time:Tue Dec 08 2015 13:17:36 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Version:11.0.9168.916
Cluster URI:https://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Details:TF400813: The user 'Windows Live ID\00034001CACFA7DC@Live.com' is not authorized to access this resource. Account: jmpengineeringinc

What causes this error? 

I tried to search online, i came across a similar question, but until now it is still unanwered.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Receiving-error-message-when-connecting-to-VisualStudioOnlin...

I Access PowerBI through our Office 365. I have logged out and logged in many times already with the correct account, still i get this error. 

Can anyone help how to solve this? Or is it an ongoing problem of PowerBI now? 
Thanks, 

Rommel Sudan

6 REPLIES 6
awalker

I have the same issue, I went in to refresh data today on Power BI Online and I get the below error, My dataset has also gone.... so I have tried to re-add this and still get same error

I have requested others in my byusiness to do this and they are presented with the same issue;

Failed to update data source credentials.Hide details

Activity ID:2cd4addb-6602-45d4-91d9-b6c81443be29
Request ID:2693e94b-3829-8d7d-eb78-cc47d3c156ff
Status code:500
Time:Fri Apr 22 2016 11:21:59 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time)
Version:13.0.1100.351
Cluster URI:https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Regular Visitor

I am getting this exact problem today. First time I have tried. I've logged out and back in to VSO but it made no difference. What is the trick to getting it working?

It would be good if we could connect through PBI Desktop instead of only online though..

This issue has now been resolved.

Got this issue this week, can someone confirm for me that this is a consistent issue?

Edit: Can confirm this was a cacheing issue, apologise, it is now working.

Same issue!

mpci74

We are experiencing the same challenge. The connection to VSO has been working for three weeks but late last week it stopped working and we are seeing exactly the same type of error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors