Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error Code: DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode

Hi all,

I'm receiving the following error when trying to hook up an On-premises data gateway to SQL Server (text of error contained within spoiler). 

I'm able to connect to the SQL Server via ODBC. I've tried using both "Basic" and "Windows" authentification method. I've also tried to manually access the database with no issue and I've had no issues setting up a personal gateway, it just seems a regular on premises returns the Error Code: DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode. Does anyone have anything that can help with this? 

Kind regards,

Jordan 

image.png 

Spoiler
Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to . Details: "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance."Hide details Activity ID: e76ad1b0-384d-403b-b87a-186a23e4cde6 Request ID: d19779c9-9ce3-6880-4e31-41c40841a31e Cluster URI: https://wabi-uk-south-redirect.analysis.windows.net/ Status code: 400 Error Code: DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode Time: Tue Jun 23 2020 17:05:04 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time) Service version: 13.0.13599.209 Client version: 2006.2.01600-train MSG-PowerBI-GW-01: There was an error in the data gateway. Underlying error message: The parameter is incorrect. DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2146893785

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @FMazurek,

I did eventually get this solved.

The underlying issue came down to an IT/Firewall blocker that needed to be fixed by our infrastructure team, as this wasn't a PBI or credential issue - they likely need to allow the gateway to connect.

Hopefully this helps!

Kind regards,

Jordan 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FMazurek

Hi @Anonymous 

Did you solve this problem? What was the solution?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @FMazurek,

I did eventually get this solved.

The underlying issue came down to an IT/Firewall blocker that needed to be fixed by our infrastructure team, as this wasn't a PBI or credential issue - they likely need to allow the gateway to connect.

Hopefully this helps!

Kind regards,

Jordan 

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Which gateway version you are using? I can connect to sql server successfully in my environment using gateway June 2020. Maybe you can update the gateway to the latest version to try to configure again.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors