Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fati99
Frequent Visitor

Equipment Running or shutdown

Hii, 

I would like to use a visual to show if a chosen pump is running or not based on 0 and 1 at a given time. 

0 = shutdown 

1= running 

It can either be a colored square or a "Running/Shutdown" text

This is how my query looks like 

477831E0-AAF4-499C-9981-8464BEA0BAC7.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @Fati99 

As your data has a single value you can either replace the value in the query editor to Running/shut down and use the colour formatting. Attaching the sample file for your reference.

AnkitKukreja_0-1672075332554.png

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @Fati99 

As your data has a single value you can either replace the value in the query editor to Running/shut down and use the colour formatting. Attaching the sample file for your reference.

AnkitKukreja_0-1672075332554.png

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja

So the only visual I can use would be the table visual?

I wanted to use a nicer visual to show if the pump is running or not in a certain time.

@Fati99 

You can try with other visuals but a table/matrix would give you the best result showcasing date and pump data as well. I have worked on Alexis Olson's advice and I did unpivot this data and have used conditional formatting. Please see if this helps.

Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja

Hi @Fati99 ,
I guess the best and simplest way to represent would be through table visualization with conditional formatting.
To make it visually better, you can apply same conditional formatting for font color and background color and then provide a legend somewhere indicating what green and red would mean.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

I'd recommend unpivoting the pump columns before loading your data. It should be easier to work with that way.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/unpivot-column

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors