Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Enterprise On-Premise Gateway - Not Configured Correctly

hi,

i Connected my report published in power bi service with  data source as Sql server , which is connceted only when i put vpn authentication in my system.

i used to refresh the data everyday morning i come and shut down the system while going.

my problem is that , everyday morning when i click the refresh button, refresh fails. 

then i have to reconfigure the on prem gateway and again re run the refresh, it works.

why does everyday i have to configure my on prem gateway?

please Help??????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there,

If you open the On-Premise Gateway application it will tell you which mode you are in.

I would recommend installing it on the SQL Server if you can. It will make the management and connections stable and easier to manage.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Are you using the On-Premise Data Gateway in Enterprise Mode or Personal mode?

Also do you not have a Server where you could install the Gateway on, so that it can always be on and connected to your SQL Server Source?

I am assuming that there is some disconnect between the Gateway and your SQL Server due to the VPN having to be connected.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the immediate reply, actually i dont know whether it is personal or enterprise mode..? because im a noobie i installed it ,a montha ago.

please let me know how to check the mode?

and insatlling it in server and pointing that gateway in power bi Cloud ,will help in solving this issue.

Hi there,

If you open the On-Premise Gateway application it will tell you which mode you are in.

I would recommend installing it on the SQL Server if you can. It will make the management and connections stable and easier to manage.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much. 🙂 This Community really helps lot of people. People like you are really helpfull to lots of people. 🙂 

Thanks for the kind words. Happy to help

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors