Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cgtechneaux
Frequent Visitor

Enterprise Gateway with ODBC

I set up Enterprise Gateway on our server with the ODBC connection. When I go to Gateway Connection i only see my Personal Gateway (The enterprise gateway option is greyed out). I read on the forums that you have to Make your Data Source Name in Enterprise gateway match exactly with your PBI desktop report. My question is what exactly should be the Data Source Name? I tried using Data Source Name as the DSN, and Connection String as "DSN=mydsnname" (I know the connection string is correct because it passes "Test all Connection"). I have attached screenshots of my PBI Desktop Advanced Query Editor and the Enterprise Gateway Manager setup. It seems the ODBC option in Enterprise Gateway is not well documented. Any ideas?

odbcEG.PNGodbcAdvQry.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@cgtechneaux I think connection string for the gateway options should be as seen in query editor ie everything between dobule quotes which starts from "Provider=" upto end of that double quote. Try that out and see if it works.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@cgtechneaux I think connection string for the gateway options should be as seen in query editor ie everything between dobule quotes which starts from "Provider=" upto end of that double quote. Try that out and see if it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors