Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rocksde

Enterprise Gateway sign-in service account / 2FA

Hello all,

I have a question on the enterprise gateway. We have the gateway running on a separate machine and the way to our DWH is all free, as well as ports and FQDN required for Microsoft, are set-up.

I am facing a challenge in signing in just after installation as when I use my individual company account it will automatically route from the AD to our 2FA app Secure ID from RSA . This failed as the ports for this are not open and our Security guys do not really like the fact that I would use my individual account to sign-in to the gateway, which I totally understand. 

My question is what is the best and secure way to get this initial sign-in-registration completed? How did you go about it for your enterprise gateway? 

Thanks a lot,

Dennis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@rocksde,

I have a question on the enterprise gateway. We have the gateway running on a separate machine and the way to our DWH is all free, as well as ports and FQDN required for Microsoft, are set-up.

I am facing a challenge in signing in just after installation as when I use my individual company account it will automatically route from the AD to our 2FA app Secure ID from RSA . This failed as the ports for this are not open and our Security guys do not really like the fact that I would use my individual account to sign-in to the gateway, which I totally understand. 

My question is what is the best and secure way to get this initial sign-in-registration completed? How did you go about it for your enterprise gateway? 

"it will automatically route from the AD to our 2FA app Secure ID from RSA" is the sepcific goal and you want to realize automatically sign-in after installation, right? Actually it's a very professional question and based on the specific senario, I would suggest you to refer to the white paper about power bi gateway and security. 

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/whitepapers .

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@rocksde,

"it will automatically route from the AD to our 2FA app Secure ID from RSA" is the sepcific goal and you want to realize automatically sign-in after installation, right? Actually it's a very professional question and based on the specific senario, I would suggest you to refer to the white paper about power bi gateway and security. 

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/whitepapers .

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors