Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

elliotdixon
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Enterprise Gateway - shown in manage area but not able to use.

This is a weird one.

I have installed and can connect to my Enterprise Gateway. (fresh install today)
Added the data sources for my on premise SQL database and the Gateway says it can connect all good.
2016-06-03 09_11_58-Power BI.png

However when I go to the uploaded datasets there is no option to connect to the Enterprise Gateway.
2016-06-03 09_11_05-Power BI.png

I have tried uploading

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Are all your datasets purely on-prem connections? If you have any online resources in the same dataset along with your on-prem you won't be able to use the Enterprise Gateway in that case. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
elliotdixon
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I kind of spoke to soon.

The Powerbi website has updated and I can now connect and download data through the Enterprise Gateway.

However, it is only working on a few of the Workspaces. 2 out of 5 so far.

I have different reports loaded into different workspaces and in the main "My Workspace" all the datasets can be updated with the Enterprise Gateway however in my "Testing" workspace none of the datasets can be updated - the Enterprise Gateway is not avaliable.

I have even uploaded some of the reports that exist in the "My Workspace" to the "testing" workspace and still the same issue.

2016-06-03 11_59_12-Power BI.png

Are all your datasets purely on-prem connections? If you have any online resources in the same dataset along with your on-prem you won't be able to use the Enterprise Gateway in that case. 

Thanks for this @dimazaid - I think you are right. Seems the datasets where I am only using local data do allow me to setup the Enterprise Gateway as the data source.

ugh - all the below turned out to just be a screwy Chrome browser not showing the data. All fixed now.

I am having an issue though where even though it says it is allowed and I can set a schedule and also do a manual refresh - no data is coming through.

I did notice that sometimes specific ports need to be opened. Like this. If the Gateway says it is avaliable does this mean data will be allowed to flow or will I still have to open the ports?

2016-06-07 11_41_47-Power BI.png

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors