Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Enterprise Gateway mashup error

We have just switched to the Enterprise Gateway. We have set up our datasets fine and when we test them they all come back with good to go.

However when we try to refresh either by schedule or manual refresh we get an error with a invalid user name password. Anyone else getting this? We are connecting to an analysis server database. These refreshes worked okay on Personal Gateway.

Underlying error code:-2147467259
Underlying error message:AnalysisServices: The following system error occurred: The user name or password is incorrect.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind:AnalysisServices
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath:<SSAS server>;<SSAS Database>
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason:DataSource.Error
Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:75c69cff-f9c1-eb56-05f0-e4ada4b9b17f
Request ID:f9a14bd5-1b26-d190-503f-5e953e9bfc1e
Time:2016-04-29 12:23:28Z
7 REPLIES 7
user0099
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I have same error message. That's what helped me: 

1. "Manage gateway" -> your gateway -> your datasource -> "users" -> "map user names"

2.  I map my powerbi account e.g. "john@mycompany.com" -> to my local service account with access to local database e.g. "mydomain\serviceuser".

Now, the sсhedule refresh works. I hope this helps.

I had the same error message and your tip worked. Thanks a lot!

Tsanka
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

I am experiencing the same error. My case is the following:

- dataset from a multidimensional SSAS in a domain different from the one I use for Power BI;

- the enterprise gateway is setup with a user name/password from the domain of the SSAS 

- the EGW is online, the connection is checked and the dataset is set to be refreshed from it;

- the refresh produces the same error as yours.

I wonder if this a supported scenario (using the EGW to access multidimenasional SSAS from another domain)

Hi, We had to get our network guys to set up a spoof, so our power bi logins trick the data source server we are from that domain. A very big fudge based on this post my colleague found.

About 2/3 the way down this blog post entitled "Setting up a Demo of the Power BI Analysis Services Connector"

http://www.artisconsulting.com/blogs/greggalloway/

Hi, We had to get our network guys to set up a spoof, so our power bi logins trick the data source server we are from that domain. A very big fudge based on this post my colleague found.

About 2/3 the way down this blog post entitled "Setting up a Demo of the Power BI Analysis Services Connector"

http://www.artisconsulting.com/blogs/greggalloway/

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@gooranga1 As a startig point in powerbi.com go to Settings -> Manage gateways -> Test all connection. Maybe add another data source with same username password and see if no issues there. On your server open gateway and check all the properties there. 

Please give @ankitpatira suggestions a try. and reply here if the issue is still occuring.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors