Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vgeldbr
Helper IV
Helper IV

Enterprise Gateway in Dataflow

I've searched through all the documentation I can find and Googled for hours but am still unclear on this:

When I set up a dataflow, if I connect to an on-premises data source (SQL Server) via an Enteprise Gateway, will all data sources be forced to go through the gateway even if they are cloud native (SharePoint Online, Azure SQL etc.)?

From the configuration it looks as if when I use any data source that uses the gateway all of the sources use that gateway. The only workaround would be to set up separate dataflows but then this introduces the issue of linked entities which requires Premium given the entities/tables/queries are intented ultimately to be mashed up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

That's correct. All data sources will run through the gateway if one is selected, if you don't want them to them you have to create separate dataflows. You can still bring the data together in a dataflow, by unchecking Enable Load on the "Linked Entities"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

That's correct. All data sources will run through the gateway if one is selected, if you don't want them to them you have to create separate dataflows. You can still bring the data together in a dataflow, by unchecking Enable Load on the "Linked Entities"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors