Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Virtual_Ames
Employee
Employee

Enterprise Gateway - connection to PWA OData?

When setting up data sources in the Enterprise Gateway, I am not able to connect to PWA OData. 

In the Desktop, I successfully connect to the same OData via my Organizational Account. However, this option does not appear in the Enterprise Gateway - the provided options (Anonymous, Basic and Windows) are not valid for the data source.

Is connection to PWA OData supported? If so, what is the recommended approach re: authentication?

7 REPLIES 7
greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

From the fine documentation:

Currently, the gateway allows for the use of DirectQuery to an on-premises SQL Server or SAP HANA, as well as a live connection to Analysis Services. You can use a live connection to either a tabular or multidimensional model in Analysis Services.

Does that mean OData is not supported yet?

Jianxia,

While OData is supported in PowerBI, automatic refresh of OData via the Enterprise Gateway is not supported at this point. Current approach = refresh of OData via the Personal Gateway. 

Brian 

We are unable to see live data with the Personal Gateway when the report is embedded into Dynamics AX7. We are only able to get the data to refresh by re-publishing the dashboard. Are we missing something?

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Personal gateway wont support live connection.

What's the process to request this as a new feature? We have quite a few people who might benefit from this.

Jianxia,

Great question. There is a forum where you can cast votes on existing suggestions (or create new questions). I did a quick search on OData and came up with this list:  

PowerBI Ideas re: Odata

I wish I could point you to the exact question/solution that would get you to the top of the list.

In the meantime, I am looking at some options and will post here if I have an update.

Brian

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors