Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CraigBlackman
Helper III
Helper III

Enterprise Gateway, How do I configure a dateset to use it?

Hi,

I have installed Enterprise Gateway and configured it within BI, It's all connected.

I now want to be able to migrate my exisiting datasets to use this new gateway. Before I had a tick box under setting, but no nothing.

I contacted Microsoft over 1 week or so ago and I have heard nothing from them.

Any help appreciated.

Craig

3 REPLIES 3
falagar

Exactly the same issue here...  I have uninstalled my personal gateway but somehow powerbi still uses the uninstalled personal gateway to publish datasets and there seems to be no way to move it to the installed server gateway datasource.  Would really appreciate any help as I am working to meet a tight deadline!

Hi @falagar

Some answers after a lengthy chat with Microsoft on their chat on the BI website.

1. Enterprise gateway ONLY works with DirectQuery
  2. You cannot connect existing reports to it. http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-can-I-switch-the-connection-setting-from-Import-to/m-p/1...
  3. You will have to build new reports select DirectQuery at the point of choosing your data source. I strongly recomment reading the info from the article in 2 as this answers most of the questions.
  4. When you then publish your report using DirectQuery, it will automatically use the enterprise gateway, you d not have to provide credentials as you do with the Personal gateway.

Thanks

Craig

HI,

I have not heard anything back yet, My ticket was opened on the 4th December, really really poor customer service from Microsoft. They say the are busy. I dread to think what the backlog must be then!

So as yet no solution.

Thanks Craig

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors