Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

elsalvador182
Advocate III
Advocate III

Enterprise Gateway Easy Question: Can another "admin" of my gateway refresh the datasets?

Can somebody clarify this for me......I have an enterprise gateway setup loading csv files. I have set another user from within my organization as "admin" for that gateway.....can this admin hit "refresh" and trigger a manual refresh of data outside of schedule refresh times? i.e  am I the only user that will be able to manually refresh at will within Power Bi Service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@elsalvador182 Sorry I misunderstood. I meant they can click refresh on the dashbaord and refresh it with published dataset but only you can manual refresh / schedule refresh published dataset from on-prem. 

Another way to do this is to create group workspace make other user admin on that workspace and publish reports to that workspace. Then both of you can hit manual / schedule refresh to the published dataset to group workspace.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@elsalvador182 Admins within your enterprise gateway can manually refresh the dashboard provided you've shared that dashboard with them.

@ankitpatira How do they do the refresh? They cannot see the dataset only the report and the dash

@elsalvador182 Sorry I misunderstood. I meant they can click refresh on the dashbaord and refresh it with published dataset but only you can manual refresh / schedule refresh published dataset from on-prem. 

Another way to do this is to create group workspace make other user admin on that workspace and publish reports to that workspace. Then both of you can hit manual / schedule refresh to the published dataset to group workspace.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors