Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Luckymoep

Enterprise Gateway - Data Refresh not working

Hi all,

I am currently testing the Enterprise Gateway.

Installation and configuration are really easy and after I finished them sucessfully, I published 2 reports to PowerBI.

One using "Direct Query", which is working fine, but the other one using "Data Import" is not refreshing.

If I press the "Refresh" button on the dataset I get an error:

Couldn't refresh because your Personal Gateway is offline. Make sure your Personal Gateway is up and running.

Looked up the logs, but there is no error.

Any suggestions? Preview bug?

Thanks for your help.

Lucas

3 REPLIES 3
elliotdixon
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Luckymoep looks like other people (myself included) have been stumped by this as well.
Seems you can only use the enterprise gateway for Direct Query connections.

See here
http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Enterprise-Gateway-How-do-I-configure-a-dateset-to-use-it/m-...

Might have to wait till they update the Enterprise Gateway to work with Import Data connections.

Rgds
ED

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this still the case?  I'm getting the same situation where direct connect works but imported datasets do not.  I thought this was updated by now

Hi @Anonymous

Not really an issue for me anymore. The personal gateway is working fine for my Direct Import setup.

I have managed to setup the personal gateway on a server to automatically update all my datasets.

Instructions found here.

http://www.sysctr.info/2015/11/configuring-power-bi-personal-gateway.html

What specifically is your issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors