Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nev
Frequent Visitor

Enterprise Data gateway works for existing reports but not new (Same SQL server and Database)

I have just pushed a new report up to the service, it gets its data from the same SQL server & Database as the existing reports, 

The existing reports have a schedule setup using the enterprise gateway and are working fine, these new reports say

"You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset"

There are only 2 connections in the report,

One to the known SQL server & database, i tried creating another gateway connection and was told i couldnt create a duplicate.

The other connection is a date table in the report that i have uploaded from Excel, but with "Include in report refresh" unticked in the query editor

Anyone got any ideas for me to try out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there. You need to create another data source to the location of where your Excel file is saved. Once that is done you will get the option to connect to the gateway.

Even though you have the option not ticked it is still required

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nev
Frequent Visitor

Thanks all, yep, took some fighting to get the file hooked up in the gateway but that sorted the problem out

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nev,

"Include in report refresh" unselected only works in the Desktop for now. @GilbertQ has posted the solution.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there. You need to create another data source to the location of where your Excel file is saved. Once that is done you will get the option to connect to the gateway.

Even though you have the option not ticked it is still required

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors