Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Lannguyen530
Frequent Visitor

End users can update data and refresh Power BI desktop files.

I have been sharing my Power BI desktop file by publishing it into the service. All the source data (excel files) of my Power BI are located on my computer and pumped into the Power BI through Queries (I have to refresh the Queries and publish my Power BI weekly). By this way, the end users could only filter and view the information. Right now, I am the only one that can update the source data.

What I am looking for now is a way that allows end users to update some selected source data files (Excel files) and refresh the Power BI themselves right in Power BI service.

Could you please recommend how this could be done? Thank you

1 REPLY 1
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Lannguyen530 ,

Could you have configured gateway and managed related users for your data to refresh? 

You could refer to below link that may help you:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Let-multiple-people-refresh-dataset/td-p/497494

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors