Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gabr1el
Frequent Visitor

End user fetching data from Hana??

key date.jpgHi all,

Do you know how, or even if it's possible, to give the option to an end-user to pull data from Hana using Power BI Service/Apps?

The scenario:
  • I am fetching the data from a Hana view using a key date. That means I am getting the data that I need just for that specific date. With this data, I create a dashboard.

• I publish the dashboard to Power BI Service and from there I share it with an end-user.
  • now the end-user wants to see the data for another day just to compare the data.

My question is, how an end-user can change the date using a prompt and to pull the data from Hana for a previous date.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gabr1el you cannot pull the data from power bi service. you can opt for creating another table with previous date in Power bi Desktop.....Only when the data is loaded in power bi desktop the user will be able to interact with it...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gabr1el ,

You will need to load all the data that you needed (current,  previous, etc...) to Power BI Desktop. Then you could create a date slicer to select the corresponding  data.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-slicer-filter-date-range 

Or you could create formulas to show both current value and previous value together in a chart.

At last, publish the report to Power BI Servious and share it with end-users.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gabr1el  Since the end user is able to access the dashboard via apps he/she will not be able to edit the dashboard or input any prompts and moreover selection of prompt needs to be done in Power bi desktop.

Hope it resolves your issue? Please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!👍

Hi Hasna,

What should I  create on the PBI desktop that can be used by the end-user in PBI Service or Apps, in order to pull the data from Hana for a previous date?

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gabr1el you cannot pull the data from power bi service. you can opt for creating another table with previous date in Power bi Desktop.....Only when the data is loaded in power bi desktop the user will be able to interact with it...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors