Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yatinpurohit
Helper I
Helper I

End user Power BI Report clean view without menus and tools

Users always sign in to app.bowerbi.com or click the shared link. The issue with that is the baggage of full Power BI navigation and menu. Till I discovered this -

File -> Publish to Web -> Link you can send in Email

Copy this link and you can use it in, say a SharePoint page or any webpage as link go to that URL. 

What this does is, shows only the report full screen without any other Power BI header or interface. This is kind of clean and focussed for an end user without any complicated menus and interface.

Thought this might help others who may have missed this before (like me).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @yatinpurohit,

You can manage the embed codes in the settings. You also can disable this feature.

Note: every App workspace has its own list of embed codes.

End_user_Power_BI_Report_clean_view_without_menus_and_tools

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@yatinpurohit I hope this is public data you are using... This is a reminder I make all the time, this feature should not be used with company data, it is not secure, and you are generating a URL that is accessible to anyone on the internet. Please see the giant red box warning on the documentation for this feature here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-publish-to-web

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks. Did not realize this point. Now I get that it is not secured by login. However, is it safe to assume that only persons with the URL can see this? Also, once I have generated the URL, can I lock it in any way (It is currently not available in public domain). 

Hi @yatinpurohit,

You can manage the embed codes in the settings. You also can disable this feature.

Note: every App workspace has its own list of embed codes.

End_user_Power_BI_Report_clean_view_without_menus_and_tools

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors